G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

73 Laguna nose gap help!!!

5 posters

Go down

73 Laguna nose gap help!!! Empty 73 Laguna nose gap help!!!

Post by JF74chevelle Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:28 pm

alien 73 Laguna nose gap help!!! Image14
JF74chevelle
JF74chevelle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

73 Laguna nose gap help!!! Empty Re: 73 Laguna nose gap help!!!

Post by JF74chevelle Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:29 pm

I have a HUGE gap between my fiberglass hood and my Laguna nose what is supposed to be in that place? Please help?!?
JF74chevelle
JF74chevelle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by chevellelaguna Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:53 pm

Nothing is supposed to be in there lol. Your hood is too far back. It needs to come forward to line up with the point of the fender. If you bring the hood forward about 1/2" it'll close up your gap. May have to ream the holes in the hinges to get the hood far enough forward.
Also it looks like the nose could be tighter to the fender edge, you use any shims between the shocks and the nose mounting plate?
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by tropdeprojet Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:41 pm

chevellelaguna wrote:Nothing is supposed to be in there lol. Your hood is too far back. It needs to come forward to line up with the point of the fender. If you bring the hood forward about 1/2" it'll close up your gap. May have to ream the holes in the hinges to get the hood far enough forward.
Also it looks like the nose could be tighter to the fender edge, you use any shims between the shocks and the nose mounting plate?

Right. I thinks you have enough adjustment in the hinge.
tropdeprojet
tropdeprojet
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:12 pm

If you cant move the hood forward in the hinges. The hinges can also be moved forward in the holes where they attach to the fenders. Or you could put some more glass on the front of the hood If it is to short. Just make sure your wipers dont touch on the back of the hood. If its its to far back usually the wipers cant clear the hood when activated and Blow the fuse. ( dont ask how i know this) thats not fun in the hard rain on a 2 Lane highway.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:54 pm

Hs1973 wrote:If you cant move the hood forward in the hinges. The hinges can also be moved forward in the holes where they attach to the fenders. Or you could put some more glass on the front of the hood If it is to short. Just make sure your wipers dont touch on the back of the hood. If its its to far back usually the wipers cant clear the hood when activated and Blow the fuse. ( dont ask how i know this)  thats not fun in the hard rain on a 2 Lane highway.

That's familiar.  I hit a similar circumstance, though I realized it before I actually tried to run the wipers -- I had to get the lowest profile wipers and still shave the tops down a bit for clearance.  Either that, or realign every damned panel on the front of the car. Smile
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:16 pm

Actually the clearence is wery small even when the hood is sitting in the right place. You need the lowest wiperblades possible to clear the hood. Modern blades make the wipers grace the back. I modifyed my drivers side blade to clear. Even though my hood and fenders sit right. I guess its a design flaw.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down