Dash assembly for the 1973-1977 Chevelle/Monte Carlo/El camino

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dash assembly for the 1973-1977 Chevelle/Monte Carlo/El camino

Post by Mitchell Murphy on Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:58 am

G3 Guys- I have for sale a near perfect 74-77 Black dash pad-top is perfect with NO CRACKS ! This for a NON AC CAR. I am looking for one with AC, I will take either a 73 or 74-77 insert style. I paid 850.00 for this and the guy actually built a wooden frame inside the box to aid in protection of this item. I will take what I paid for it. I just hate to put it in an car that has AC. Leave me a post, or call me at (865) 924-1273 -Thanks and let's enjoy the GM Colonade cars ! -Mitchell murphy

Mitchell Murphy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: Dash assembly for the 1973-1977 Chevelle/Monte Carlo/El camino

Post by BAS-Sr on Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:31 pm

You selling that dash? That wooden frame was a TON of work!
BAS-Sr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitchell Murphy on Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:38 am

No probably not- due to the fact that these are so very hard to find, and it is a very nive one at that. I had a correct one (74-77) with passenger side AC vent, but UPS destroyed it in shipping and the UPS employees packaged it up. Still kept the shipping box, now the CHRISTmas tree has a good home..."What a Box"-Thank You !

Mitchell Murphy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BAS-Sr on Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:38 pm

Yes, I tried shipping an '87 GN dash in a box, did the same thing but used lighter 1x2's in stead of the 2x2's with yours. UPS crushed that baby, looked like an accordion! It costs a bit more in shipping, but at least they don't get damaged!
BAS-Sr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:40 pm

Think there's a common theme here...don't ever use UPS! I continue to hear stories of damage from these guys and so, I never use them. Besides, they are ALWAYS more expensive than FedEx Ground.

I've shipped three Monte/Chevelle dashes via FedEx Ground and didn't have a problem with any of them. I didn't make a wooden cage for them, either. Just shrink-wrapped them like a cocoon and used heavy duty cardboard boxes I bought at Walmart.
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 56

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitchell Murphy on Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:04 am

It is a miracle that you found three of these things ! -Now a days what a treasure to find, If you find the 4th one, (74-77) With AC, let me know, may have to use the non AC one that I have . Yes FedEx is the way to go, I use them now.

Mitchell Murphy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top