Some of the things you forget you have.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Some of the things you forget you have.....

Post by 77ElClassic on Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:25 pm

OK, so I spent a couple of days cleaning out the storage above the garage. I found a few items I had forgotten about. None of this stuff I plan on ever using and really don't want to just put away again. If there's anything here anyone wants, all I ask is a fair offer and shipping. I'm not trying to get rich off these. Just want to see them get used instead of collecting dust in my attic.

This is the original spare from my 77 El Camino. Firestone GR78-15. Actually appears in decent shape. Holds air and no obvious signs of rot. Don't know if I'd use it, but it's a nice add for anyone doing a serious restoration. I also have the original spare tire cover and jack, which are both in decent shape.

This items are;
77 air duct for 2bbl, cruise control parts with most of the harness (minus speedo cable and on/off switch), throttle linkage bracket w/cruise cable mount, dash bezel in decent shape (has scratch in the speedo lens), column shift linkage, EC spare tire/jack mount hardware, vacuum harness for A/C car heat controls, driver side duct and some duct brackets (appears someone cut a couple rocker switch holes in the duct, not noticeable when mounted though), EC storage tub gasket, EC map light, visors (not perfect, but repairable), 2 styles of visor mounts, front turn signals from I believe a 74 Chevelle.
77ElClassic
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Re: Some of the things you forget you have.....

Post by Hawk03 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:38 pm

I'm interested in the vacuum harness. I will PM you.
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by tropdeprojet on Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:55 pm

Interest for the dash bezel. Pm send!
tropdeprojet
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by 77ElClassic on Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:33 pm

Forgot to mention, I also have an A/C car dash cover (black) in very good condition and some of the EC bed trim that's in fair condition.
77ElClassic
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:44 pm

On Dash cover Bill, Is that Dashcap or Factory dash ?

Management

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by 77ElClassic on Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:00 pm

Sorry, dashcap. I just had my dashtop redone at a local upholsterers and don't need the cover-up any longer.
77ElClassic
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:29 pm

Ok Thanks Was Going to say if it was Factory to pm Mitchell Murphy he is in dire need of one

Management

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by tropdeprojet on Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:39 am

77ElClassic wrote:Sorry, dashcap. I just had my dashtop redone at a local upholsterers and don't need the cover-up any longer.

Do you like the upholstery job on your dash. I want to do the same thing, my dad have is upholstery shop!
tropdeprojet
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by 77ElClassic on Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:35 pm

I'm happy with the upholstery job. Especially when compared to the condition my dashpad was in or to the looks of a dashcap or cover. It now has an overly plushy feel, there's no speaker grill or a place for the dash badge. But the expense of a replacement was not an option at this time, and I was getting antsy to finally get the interior completed. The upholstery work cost $89.00 and for another $12.00 he fabricated an upholstered rail to lay in the small "shelf" under the EC's rear window. For the price, I'm very pleased.

77ElClassic
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77camino on Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:13 pm

Did you have to remove the dash to have it done?
77camino
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77ElClassic on Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:20 pm

Yes. I only took the top half of the dash (dash pad itself) to the upholstery shop. I ended up with this.....

This only took a few hours. I believe there is a good article on this site with directions.
77ElClassic
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by builtnotbought on Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:15 am

Hello! I'm interested in price for front turn signals if they will fit 74 elco bumper. I need to compare but I think it's the same shape.
Thank you
builtnotbought
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by 77ElClassic on Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:29 pm

builtnotbought wrote:Hello! I'm interested in price for front turn signals if they will fit 74 elco bumper. I need to compare but I think it's the same shape.
Thank you

I'll post a picture of the other set I have. I'll just need a day or 2 to dig them out of the shed. I can't remember if the difference is model years or because of the differences between the Elko and Chevelle bumpers. I believe Chevelle front bumpers have a steel beam mounted within where as the Elco's are hollow. The set shown above in this thread have a deep overhang on the top which causes a deep recess into the bumper when mounted. The other set I have mount much shallower and are similar to what's installed on my 77 Elco.
77ElClassic
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by builtnotbought on Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:13 am

77ElClassic wrote:
builtnotbought wrote:Hello! I'm interested in price for front turn signals if they will fit 74 elco bumper. I need to compare but I think it's the same shape.
Thank you

I'll post a picture of the other set I have. I'll just need a day or 2 to dig them out of the shed. I can't remember if the difference is model years or because of the differences between the Elko and Chevelle bumpers. I believe Chevelle front bumpers have a steel beam mounted within where as the Elco's are hollow. The set shown above in this thread have a deep overhang on the top which causes a deep recess into the bumper when mounted. The other set I have mount much shallower and are similar to what's installed on my 77 Elco.

As I know chevelle and elco 74 bumper covers are the same, and my 74 elco has metal beam inside too so you can crash everything on your way nowadays when all other traffic is plastic Very Happy  

So as I can tell 73 has it's own square shape lense and it's own housing

than 74-77 have their own oval lense

but 74-75 have deep housing as on you photo

and 76-77 have narrow housing

I have one lense broken with stone so I have 2 ways, buying new lenses and somehow reinstall them or buying used full housings with lenses, that depends on items price that's why I asked.

Thank you
builtnotbought
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by 77ElClassic on Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:26 am

Builtnotbought;
Thank you for the info. As I said, I wasn't sure if the differences were due to model or year. I only have had 2 G3s as projects, the 77 Elco I still own, and a 73 Laguna Estate wagon a long time ago (that was a real learning experience). I imagine I've forgotten more about these than what I think I still know  Embarassed

Based on your research, I have a pair for the 74-75 and another pair for 76-77. The lens on the 'deep' set seem in good shape, but there are a few hairline cracks around one of the mount holes on one of the housings. PM sent concerning your request.
77ElClassic
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77ElClassic on Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:16 pm

I found a 120mph sweep speedometer on eBay that was advertised as an unused NOS with a broken head.

I took a chance and bought it and luckily it was exactly that. It merely needed a new needle. I like this much better than the 100mph speedo with kph line.

So anyway, I now have the old speedo if anyone needs one;

Also found the the following items if anyone is interested;

El Camino bed trim

Black lower door panels with power lock buttons. Decent, but right side has some broken tabs that hold the upper panel in place. Also arm pads need touched up.

EC spare tire cover - decent.

Original 77 EC jack.

77 EC body molding and door sills. I imagine these fit 2 door Chevelles too.

Plastic dashcap for Chevelle/EC

And these if anybody wants them for a different project.

Many of the items listed earlier are still available as well.
77ElClassic
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by crice63 on Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:53 pm

Pm sent regarding the spare tire cover.

crice63
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top