G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mecum auction

4 posters

Go down

Mecum auction Empty Mecum auction

Post by JB2wheeler Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:10 pm

I am watching the live feed of the mecum auction that started here yesterday and is in it's second day. I am sick at my stomach watching this. They are practically giving away cars today. Nobody in Louisville has any money to buy these cars with. They sold a 1966 El Camino that looked new for $7,000. Think I will take a nap now and forget about it. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Mecum auction Empty Re: Mecum auction

Post by 74 beast Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:15 am

I hate mecum auction. You get all these people who watch these things not understanding that people lose money at these thing then they think there junk is worth the same price or my car is rare cuase its old
74 beast
74 beast
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon23 Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:56 pm

Mecum is actually one of the better ones. Real prices and no games. I have a friend that has sold several late 2nd gen Camaros and Trans Am's thru them and said that Dana and crew are for real.

Now, Barrett Jackson is fantasy land. Most of those buyers have more money than they know what to do with. Then the ego's and alcohol kick in and you see cars going for way more than they are worth and that trickles down to the average guy wanting to get into the hobby.

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:16 pm

I agree with you Damon. Barret Jackson is why the prices of "crap" out there have gone thru the roof. People watch the Jackson auctions and think that their cars are worth a fortune, when they're really not worth a hill of beans. Just my opinion though.
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down