G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

squeaky poly bushings

3 posters

Go down

squeaky poly bushings Empty squeaky poly bushings

Post by pila Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:44 pm

Anyone have a cure for poly suspension bushings that squeak ?? Even with the supplied grease they still do it. Don't care to replace them just to get rid of the noise, but it's really irritating......shoulda used stock rubber parts....

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

squeaky poly bushings Empty Re: squeaky poly bushings

Post by Joe73 Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:17 am

Its hard to get any lube on the sides of the bushings when they are already installed. I had the energy suspension polys in my front and rear control arms for years the they didnt squeak. I replaced them with new energy suspension polys while redoing my frame currently. I searched the net and the recommendation was to use Super Lube with Teflon everywhere on the bushing. I searched all around and found that I still had my tube from when I installed my first set. So I globbed them up and installed them. Then wiped clean. On the rear control arms, I even rubbed some super lube on the sides of the frame and axle where the bushing rides. Working it onto the frame. Just to make sure I got it everywhere.
I dont know what grease energy suspension gives in their kits but I tossed that out. Hoping I dont have any squeaking this time around.
Good luck with it.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by KC77Monte Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:48 pm

Joe, will this stuff work well? We are getting ready to put the front end back on and we are using poly suspension bushings and don't wish to have any squeaking. Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-21030-Synthetic-Grease/dp/B000XBH9HI
KC77Monte
KC77Monte
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:42 pm

Thats the tube I have but mine says with teflon right where that one says ptfe. I'd use that. Super lube is great stuff. But I'd even recommend mixing some of the super lube with "never-sieze" and put that mix everywhere for extra insurance.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:21 pm

I Added some grease zerks to the rear control arms, and in the front, I drilled some holes in the bushings, with a #40 drill (.o93") and sprayed some lube in those holes.  I have about 600 miles on it since then, and it has become fairly quiet since them, and not noticeable ...

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down