Uship.com ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Uship.com ?

Post by wbaker01 on Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:47 pm

Wasn't real sure where to post this so if it is in the wrong spot, feel free to move or delete..

I have some larger parts to ship, if and when they sell (hood, core support, plastic inner fenders) and don't have the means nor the desire to drive them to a Fastenal store, Greyhound terminal, etc. I've looked at uship.com a few times and wondered if anyone has used this service and how it has been?

Thanks,
Bill

wbaker01
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Uship.com ?

Post by Damon23 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:51 am

I used it when I had my 84 GT350 and my 75 Firebird shipped to me. Worked great both times for me.

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by brownbomber77 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:29 pm

I use it all the time for engines. Make sure you ship it to and from a business with a loading dock or forklift. If they have to drop that lift gate, it's $80. I would get engines on a pallet shipped across the country for right around $200 business to business.

brownbomber77
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by wbaker01 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:02 pm

Thanks for the advice all..I'm not shipping anything that heavy, just a bit bulky..Assuming the guys that actually transport the parts are just looking for enough items to put together a run somewhere?

wbaker01
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by brownbomber77 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:46 pm

Not usually. The quotes you get with the "get a free quote" button are typically larger carriers. R&L, UPS, FedEx. It's only when you have an obscure item that requires special attention that an enroute carrier would bid. When shipping pallets, the big guys make it easy and cheap.

brownbomber77
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum