G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Firewall

5 posters

Go down

Firewall  Empty Firewall

Post by Silentknight85 Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:25 pm

Odd request, but is anyone able to get me a chunk of a firewall? I keep chasing rust issues on mine, and it's now to the point that I had to cut out the rolled beads and the wheel well mount on the passenger side. If someone has a parts car with a decent firewall, and is willing to cut it up and sell it, we'll that would just be swell. Let me know. Thanks, guys.
Silentknight85
Silentknight85
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Firewall  Empty Re: Firewall

Post by Joe73 Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:42 am

WOW. Your three days late. I just cut up a whole firewall with no rust except a in the wiper linkage area. I would have gladly given you a piece cut to specs with my plasma cutter.

Good luck with your search.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentknight85 Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:16 am

Thanks, Joe. Anyone else?

I have a serious issue with my firewall that I've been trying to fix. I've made a lot of progress, and have patched the hell out of the area, but I keep running into more issues.

The problem is that the car was in a wreck at some point in it's life and the lower passenger firewall was damaged. The metal is weak and the shape is all wonky. I'm missing a good section of pinch-weld, too.

The lower firewall/floorboard area (black area with the two square holes) was pushed into the car in the accident. I've pulled it out a bit, but can't really get it into the correct shape.

Ideally, I'd like to replace the area surrounding the inner fender bracket, and the panel that has the two square holes. If I get that entire section as one piece (with pinchwelds intact), then it would save me a bunch of time and energy.

I've added a picture of the current state of the firewall, and circled the area I'd like to completely replace.

Firewall  20161210
Silentknight85
Silentknight85
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:33 pm

It may be a stretch, but you might take a look at these guys.
http://www.ctcautoranch.com/
They might ne able to help with what you're looking for sir.
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentknight85 Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:04 pm

Yeah, I've already got an email into them and dvap. No responses, yet. I'll give them a couple days and call.
Silentknight85
Silentknight85
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by newmexguy Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:56 pm

Just reactivated membership here. Have access to 4 or 5 carcasses in local yard. (Blacks Auto, Dona Ana NM) Yard is essentially for general purposes closed but can cut out pieces and ship. Clean Southern New Mexico metal, very little deicing here or salt used. Dave S. dona Ana NM

newmexguy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by 4thgenmc Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:50 pm

Great cond rust free firewall piece needed---237.17 shipped.pm me if interested.

4thgenmc
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down