4-speed hole

View previous topic View next topic Go down

4-speed hole

Post by JF74chevelle on Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:08 pm

Hey guys my last two parts for the trans swap are on their way the clutch rod firewall boot and a pilot pushing. Now i have a bench seat in my chevelle and i want to know if the hurst shifter will clear it and not interfere. And when i cut the hole for the shifter does it need to be directly in the middle of the hump or does it have to be to the left slightly? Thanks-Justin
JF74chevelle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: 4-speed hole

Post by Joe73 on Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:21 pm

couple things.

Did you get the 70-81 camaro firewall boot?  

Put a magnet to the pilot bushing, if it sticks toss it out and.get a bronze one.

Yes the shifter is offset to the drivers side.  Did you buy a 4 speed.hump for the floor?   Or are you just going to screw the.boot down.  

Hurst handles are interchangeable.  Go to their site and find out which one you need.  I don't think they mention bench seat.  Only console.or.no console.
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by clanceman427 on Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:19 pm

Use PB-656-HD from advance auto. I just replaced my pilot bushing a year ago and searched high and low for the non magnetic version.. Like Joe says, when you get it give it the magnet test just to be sure.

clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 on Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:43 pm

My Muncie.rebuild kit from jodys transmissions came with a non magnetic one. Great guy to deal with.
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 on Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:14 pm

Also,.if.you go without the floor.hump you can get a "super boot" that will cover everything. Just search hurst super boot on eBay. They work well.
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top