Gone a while

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gone a while

Post by Malicruiser on Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:25 am

Hey, it's been a very long time since I was last on here. Figure enough time has passed that I should reintroduce myself. Reason for my absence is because my 74 Malibu was stolen a few years ago from my home. Wasn't even road ready, was in the middle of swapping in fuel injection to the 6.0 lq9 in it and a t56 to have it ready for my wedding.

Made a promise to my wife when we first me that i'd take her for a ride in my Chevelle some day and never got the chance over the next 7 years, so for our wedding i was going to keep that promise.

Side note: I met my wife at her 16th birthday party ( didn't want to be there was just my little brothers ride) and I was 19 at the time. Became friends that day but didn't date till 7 years later. Literally! I finally confessed how I felt about her on her 23rd  birthday, dated for a year, got married, now we have a 21 month old son named Konnor!

Now it's been 10 years since I made that promise and damn it I plan on keeping that promise!!!

At the moment we are a one car family (17 Corolla IM) and she's been a stay at home mom who runs a quilting business from home while I drive to work. Well that's changing here soon since I'm heading to basic training for the ARMY soon (once I get a waiver signed off) and she'll  be staying here in Texas while I'm at basic and AIT (more than likely even longer than that since it takes time to get papers signed off to help get your family moved) and will be needing the car. Because we'll be living in two separate places for so long we both agree that I'll need to pick up a  second vehicle while I'm away.

Guys I'll say it right now, you know you've got a keeper when your wife says "Since we need a second vehicle why don't you get another Chevelle like you had." Nearly cried when I heard her say that.

After 10 long years, nearly 11, I may finally be able to keep that peomise! I'll need some help from you guys to find another 74 Chevelle Base 2 door when I get part way through AIT.
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Re: Gone a while

Post by Joe73 on Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:31 am

Welcome back and Awesome story!! Good luck with everything!!
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 on Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:36 am

Welcome back.
There was a 74 posted here a week or 2 ago.
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna on Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:34 pm

That sucks about the car being stolen. I remember following your progress with it and was curious about it. Sounds like you have the right woman in your life-- that will be even more important once you are in the Army.
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by S3SS on Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:56 pm

Great Story, Great Wife, sad on the stolen car.
S3SS
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:52 pm

Dam Mali Welcome back, My Friend and congrats on New wife and Child and BE SAFE where ever you get stationed and I Thank ya In advance for your service ! Second what will be price range and Location to find it ?? we as a team will get this DONE

Right G3'ers

Management

Street Cred : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 on Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:28 pm

Ahhhhh ... WELCOME BACK!

Love your story ... & sounds like that wife is a definite keeper. Wink Congrats on the new kid!

Cort, www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pig&cowValves.paceMaker * 1979 CC to 2003 MGM + 81mc
"Things have changed since you've been gone" | Pam Tillis | 'Land Of The Living'
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser on Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:32 am

Thanks every one. Not expecting to find a rust free 2 door that straight and drives for $5k like my old one lol. I'm not going to start seriously looking until I know when I start basic.Speaking of which I won't be doing anything to dangerous, going in as a UAV pilot.
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser on Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:38 am

I guess I need to first figure out what a good running rust free examples I selling for first. Have to have the large opera windows.
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rosco77 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:19 pm

Welcome back!!  Congrats on the wife and kid!!  Luckily, my wife understands my attachment to mine and doesn't complain too much when it needs something.  Sorry to hear about your car, but it sounds like you guys have a great relationship for her to suggest looking for another.  I'm out in San Angelo, a few hours west of you.  I'll keep my eye out.  There was a blue 73 I think listed on cl out here about a month ago, but I'll keep my eyes open.

Thank you for your service!!  I did some time in the Army National Guard and was deployed for about a year.  The military has a great support system for families.  My wife and myself are also open to talk to her, or you, if needed.  Just send me a pm.
rosco77
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum