1973 Chevelle SS 350 Project

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: 1973 Chevelle SS 350 Project

Post by mikidymac on Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:07 pm

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:Yours probably still has the build sheet hidden in there somewhere. Easiest place to check is springs under the front seat.

I'll have to check although I know my dad hat them reupholstered in the 80's. I do have the window sticker though.
mikidymac
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by 1970ChevySS on Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:18 pm

Thank you all for the information. Especially about the cross member and seat mounts. I have typically worked with 69 and 70 models and this is my first '73.

1970ChevySS
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by kyle1979 on Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:37 pm

Hey guys, i wish I could hijack this build thread. My Dad and I recently bought this brown 73 SS to add to the collection - hence my recent posts asking about 73 rear triangle window parts

I can't tell you how excited I am that my Dad was interested in doing a 73 with me. I obviously have a few of them, but the wagon and Sprint varieties. The blue 73 Laguna wagon is going to paint in a few weeks, and the 73 SS wagon isn't far behind it.

I was very close to buying that black/gold 74 Laguna S3 454 that was on eBay a few weeks back, but my Dad loves the 73 taillights and really only wanted that year. I was happy he was interested, and was thrilled we worked out a deal for this brown 73.

My love for the G3s came about from riding around in my Dad's black 77 El Camino SS that he bought new, and still has. His El Camino lives in my garage now, and I'm obviously hooked on them.

My love for brown is because my Dad's first two Chevelles he brought home to restore were Burnished Brown 69 SS's. I searched for years, but couldn't find one I would have been happy with.

I really appreciate this community, and the help everybody lends with parts requests.
kyle1979
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by S3SS on Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:19 am

To your point, my love of these vehicles came about because of nostalgia. My parents got a 1976 4 door sedan 6 months after new from their neighbour a GM executive. I still remember the new car smell... Now I have 4 , 76 olympic, 76 Classic, 76 laguna, 77 ss el camino. Love to see others like yourself taking on the care taking of these years...
S3SS
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2