Where are you at picture

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Re: Where are you at picture

Post by REVINKEVIN on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:30 pm

Some more work. †To put the correct wattage speakers to match the amp I was going to try and fit some 6x9 speakers in the lower doors. †To do this I needed to get rid of the crank windows. †So, I went to "Old Fateful" g3chevy and picked up some power window regulators. †After looking at the mounting depth and real estate needed for the large 6x9 speakers I decided to make a much thinner set up using 2 6.5 speakers. †The mounting depth is much thinner as they use 1 piece of 3/4 MDF, not two. †Here are a few pics. †As a note, when I worked in Detroit I found a junkyard that had a '75 Laguna and I got the inner door emblems. †I am going to use them for these speaker pods. †These pods will have rounded edges and black covering. †

REVINKEVIN
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur on Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:40 am

Looks nice sir. I didn't want to cut up my door panels and no one makes kick panel speakers for our cars, so I watched loads of youtube videos and made my own.
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN on Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:09 am

Thatís sweet. I like how clean that looks. Iím a big fan of YouTube. My entire interior has been redone in black vinyl so nothing is stock. It is just a blank canvas. I had it done that way so I could do what I want. Nothing needs to be cut from the steel part of the door, just the door cover piece. My amp for the interior speakers puts out 167 Watts RMS per channel on its birth certificate. I wanted to use as much of that as I could. It would blow 1 set of 6.5 speakers so I am going to use 2 per side. Should really belt out some old heavy metal.
REVINKEVIN
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur on Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:05 pm

Thanks Kevin. I can't wait to see your doors and how they turn out. I'm a fan of all things different. I never walk down the path others travel. Very Happy
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN on Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:08 am

Started on the rear bumper today. †I received my bad to the bone bumper brackets from tropdeprojet today and they are COOL... †Lots more work to come on this. †I am going to take the plasma cutter to it tomorrow and trim it as tight as I can get it. †Then, paint it black.

REVINKEVIN
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum