G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear sway bar measurements and adaptation.

+8
bigredlaguna
clanceman427
Hawk03
thatfnthing
pila
Hs1973
Damon23
Limey SE
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Rear sway bar measurements and adaptation. - Page 3 Empty Re: Rear sway bar measurements and adaptation.

Post by crice63 Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:01 pm

The pic above shows the Camaro end link top bracket, which looks like it is bolted not welded to the frame. This might be a start on a solution.

crice63
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Rear sway bar measurements and adaptation. - Page 3 Empty Re: Rear sway bar measurements and adaptation.

Post by SonOfTheGrim Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:18 pm

Camaro end link for the upper control arm?
SonOfTheGrim
SonOfTheGrim
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by crice63 Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:30 pm

I posted this post in the wrong discussion. I tried to delete it but it didn't take for some reason. The correct discussion is

https://www.g3gm.com/t11102-rear-sway-and-compatibility#105844

The camaro rear sway bar is not attached to the LCAs but linked directly to some frame brackets. I still hope to find time to go and and look at them again and measure.

crice63
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by SonOfTheGrim Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:54 pm

Gotcha. I commented on your post as well. I found the impala ss sway bar for $50 so it wasn't worth trying to mod something else to work.
SonOfTheGrim
SonOfTheGrim
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SonOfTheGrim Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:42 am

Modified my crossbar finally when I pulled my transmission to install my new torque converter. Its a bit more flexy than I was expecting but with it bolted in I think its ok. Now I can finally get my headers installed and fix the horrible exhaust system I've got.

Rear sway bar measurements and adaptation. - Page 3 35759661660_7ec2c607fc_o
Rear sway bar measurements and adaptation. - Page 3 36110843056_09cf71b1c1_o
SonOfTheGrim
SonOfTheGrim
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:56 pm

Looks good there sir. If it were me, I'd add some bracing on top of the piece you added in. The metal sure looks a lot thinner than the cross member's thickness.  Here's what I did. It's a bit on the "overkill" side, but what the heck right?  lolRear sway bar measurements and adaptation. - Page 3 Drivew10
Rear sway bar measurements and adaptation. - Page 3 Dscf4010
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3