73 SS dash pics added

View previous topic View next topic Go down

73 SS dash pics added

Post by ricker73ss on Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:34 pm

I have an original 73 SS dash, not complete but mostly there. It's missing dash pad and ash tray, pad support is there but broken into two pieces but fixable. It has gauge cluster, bezel, glove box and lid,a/c heat control, a/c duct work and vents minus passenger vent, and aftermarket pad cover. Car had aftermarket gauges so have no idea if gauges work, drove car off of trailer and into garage so don't even know if speedo worked. It is not perfect has a couple of cracks but definitely fixable. At some point the dash had been removed I believe for restoration reasons and was put back together with wood screws and bailing wire, it was loose that's why it's in pieces. Gonna back half the car and lighten it so have decided not to reuse it. Also have a few pieces of interior trim as well. Asking $850.00 plus shipping. Have lots of pictures I can send and happy to answer all questions. It is black in color. Thanks for looking located in central Texas,

Last edited by ricker73ss on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

ricker73ss
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: 73 SS dash pics added

Post by Limey SE on Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:21 pm

Pics And Location will Help People decide if wanted or not Thanks Admin

Management

Street Cred : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by clanceman427 on Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:08 pm

Let us know what other trim pieces you will be selling, thanks.
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 on Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:45 pm

I'm completely confused by what you are describing with the dash. Is it the 2-piece design and you're missing the top half...and, the lower "support" is cracked in two pcs? What exactly is being held together with bailing wire and wood screws. Need pics, I guess.
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 56

Back to top Go down

Post by ricker73ss on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:19 pm

It's a two piece dash, the top part is broken in line with the clock. The top and bottom halves were screed together with wood screws and the gauge cluster and heat controls were wired in place with bailing wire. The dash is in 3 pieces, the two top half pieces and the bottom piece. Cluster, bezel and heat controls are also removed from dash. I cannot get pictures to download but be happy to email or text pictures

ricker73ss
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by SSTOOLMAN on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:10 am

Am I reading this right? you want to sell the broken in 3 pieces dash with the dash pad missing for $850?
SSTOOLMAN
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:40 pm

lol!
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by crice63 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:55 pm

Oh hell yes. I will sell my perfect, like new one for 2 grand. Shocked Shocked pick-up only!

crice63
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:02 pm

I added your Pics that you Emailed Onto your First Post....... Thanks I also Sent back another email

Management

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:18 pm

I wish you the best of luck on the sale of this and getting the price you're asking sir. I would have to say that your price might be a little bit on the high side though. But then again, that is just my opinion.
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:22 pm

Guys / Gals Please Be Kind He set the Price eh Condition of Dash and if sells or Not will help him decide to lower or keep price the same, But foremost Please be respectful He is allowed to set price to what he wants BUT if it doesnt sell and just sits there for sale Maybe then he / she will Lower price ......

Most of all Please try to be nice to all new Members

Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:37 pm

Lookey there...another one of those unusual clock delete instrument clusters!  

You are correct, Limey...we must be respectful as everyone has the right to price their parts the way they see fit.  Demand (or, lack thereof) will sort it all out.  

I will offer up some advice to this new member that comes from someone with experience selling parts for these cars for over a decade...the sad truth is that dash is basically junk.  You might get some interest in the unmolested radio section if someone is looking to restore their own dash that's been cut up for an aftermarket radio.  But, I seriously doubt there is anyone on this site or elsewhere who would be interested in salvaging one this badly damaged as it's at least as bad (and, probably worse) than what everyone currently has.   Besides, salvage yards around my area are full of damaged dashes in better condition than this...and, can be had for under $100.  

What should generate some interest is the tach gauge cluster, the underdash ducting (assuming that area between the two halves that looks like it's held together with duct tape) isn't damaged, the instrument cluster bezel (although that looks to have a piece missing to the left of the right radio knob opening) and the Temp Control unit (which, I believe is from a '76/'77).

Welcome to the site...and, good luck!  We look forward to your becoming an active participant.

Last edited by Mcarlo77 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clanceman427 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:08 pm

I might be interested in the temp gage/fuel gage bezel (not the gages just the black bezel that says " unleaded fuel only". Wondering what car the cluster came out of since 73 would have an Amps gage not a Volts gage.
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:20 pm

75-77 Had that Cluster because the Tach has the 5 between the 0 -10 rpm

Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:59 pm

I believe it had been discussed on an old thread that the "5" was used on early '73's?  I have a NOS tach for a '75 and it doesn't have that.  Obviously, the Fuel and Volt gauges are not '73.  Would like to see a pic of the flex circuit on back.
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:17 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:I believe it had been discussed on an old thread that the "5" was used on early '73's?  I have a NOS tach for a '75 and it doesn't have that.  Obviously, the Fuel and Volt gauges are not '73.  Would like to see a pic of the flex circuit on back.

This is Mine Steve

Management

Back to top Go down

Post by ricker73ss on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:39 pm

First off let me state that I never had any intention to mislead or "rip" anyone off, furthest thing from my mind. I looked and looked for the price guide on this stuff but just couldn't seem to find it. I priced it from what little I could find on eBay and other sites. If it's not worth that price then it's just not. I have gotten a lot of information about these vehicles from this forum, that's why I put it on here rather than eBay thinking someone may need it or parts of it for a restoration. The title and vin# both say 1973, the previous owner stated everything was original, he is a gulf war vet that suffered horrific injuries, he believed it to be and that was good enough for me. If it is "junk" and no one has any interest then I'll remove it but it is not going back in my car.  

Thanks to all that has looked at it

ricker73ss
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:51 pm

Ricker I got this one for $500 thru a Member here just and FYI for Pricing next time DONT toss it People will and do need pieces to fix there broken ones

Management

Back to top Go down

Post by clanceman427 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:55 pm

Sorry I spoke too soon- I can't use that Fuel bezel, it's for 75-77. I'm guessing that made it on to the 75's since that was the first year of mandatory catalytic converters. Mine just says FUEL
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE on Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:06 am

affraid affraid affraid affraid $850??? scratch scratch scratch scratch

good luck
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 on Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:37 am

No "5" on my spare 73 tach removed from an SS.  

Last edited by Joe73 on Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by clanceman427 on Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:07 pm

My sept 1972- built 73 SS tach does not have the 5 either.
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973montec on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:14 pm

early 73 NO 5.

late 73/74 has a 5
1973montec
Donating Member
Donating Member