G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to mount a/c

3 posters

Go down

How to mount a/c Empty How to mount a/c

Post by Circuit Rider Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:13 am

I am just about to get my daughter's 77 Monte back on the road. She fired up and sounds sweet. the engine is an 82 sbc 305 that has been stepped up with a mild cam, aluminum intake and 550 cfm Edelbrock and headers. It took forever to get the power steering pump to line up right with aftermarket brackets. Did a bunch of modifications and customization to get it to fit. Planning to get car on the road asap. But am planning to return and add the a/c. The car came with bbc a/c brackets, and I bought one aftermarket setup, but neither would work (the a/m ended up for mounting compressor on the passenger side). So, since I have headers, taller than stock valve covers (Edelbrock Elites), a lwp, how do I mount the stock long a/c compressor on the driver's side? Are there brackets out there that work? Open to any ideas! TIA Andy
Circuit Rider
Circuit Rider
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

How to mount a/c Empty Re: How to mount a/c

Post by thatfnthing Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:43 am

Alan Grove Components have quite an assortment of applications and came in handy when I was retrofitting Vintage Air to mine.  Maybe one of these would work:

http://www.alangrovecomponents.com/Small_Block_Long_Pump.htm

They appear to be mostly designed for the Sanden compressor, but maybe with a mod or two you could make it work for the factory compressor...
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by 77cruiser Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:48 am

I'll look I might have some stock mounts for it.
77cruiser
77cruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down