1973 Chevelle Trunk emblem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1973 Chevelle Trunk emblem

Post by Mitchell Murphy on Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:46 pm

G3 Guys - I have a NOS 1973 Chevelle Trunk emblem that I decided to sell- I am restoring a 1975 True SS el Camino, with swivel bucket seats, tilt, gauge package with a TACH- it also has the RPO 6H1 "Laguna Front/ Soft Face, restoring isn't cheap so decided to sell some of the HOS parts. I will sell it to the highest offer- not because I am greedy, but due to the fact a lot of money is going out. Again, it is NOS and with 30 other items that was in the trunk of my COPO 73 SS 454/ 4 speed Chevelle- built the 5th week of may 1973, final produced car at the Kansas City plant, GM put a 74 block in my car-it is on display at Floyd Garrett's Muscle Car Museum in Sevierville Tennessee.

Mitchell Murphy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: 1973 Chevelle Trunk emblem

Post by Scott 73 SS on Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:09 am

Hey man, I am interested in the trunk emblem....how much?
Scott 73 SS
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitchell Murphy on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:49 am

Morning Scott- I will contact you after our show is complete this week-on my way to the show now, our club is putting it on and have to be there early. Also, still have the NOS trunk emblem and other really neat things for the 73SS-Thanks Mitch

Mitchell Murphy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitchell Murphy on Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:47 pm

Hey Scott- I have never priced the emblem but will consider any offers. I did turn down 100.00 for it due to the fact that these are not being reproduced and it is an NOS one. I have also never put it on ebay either becuse they are so hard to find. I also want to ask if you would like for me to copy "The Chevelle Report" 25th anniversary for you. The magazine is completely all on the 1973 Chevelles. I will include a receipt with this- I don't do it for a profit but just to help anyone with a 1973 Chevelle-it is a very complete information on our cars-it will be on gloss paper/ some pages color some in black and white with a gloss slip cover. Let me know on this and I will do it for you- I have done about a dozen so far for other G3GM members-they usually run around 20.00 including shipping-thanks-Mitch

Mitchell Murphy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott 73 SS on Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:51 pm

Would you take 150 for it and I am interested in the information on the 73 Chevelles.
Scott 73 SS
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitchell Murphy on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:19 pm

Scott- that is a pretty good offer- You know, I had rather sell it to a G3GM guy for less money than to put it on ebay and make more to a Non G3GM person. It is going to a guy that loves and appreciates these cars as much as I do.I will go to the printer in the morning and ask him to do one more copy of the Chevelle Report- it features my car on the front that I was fortunate enough to get from mark Tompkin in 2007. It is the final produced car at the Kansas City plant, GM put a 74 block in my car- I have the build sheet that was over the trunk-and it is stamped COPO-it is a 454 4 speed car and still has 68,000 + actual miles on it. I also bought from Bill Hirte the 75 Laguna S-3 400 small block all options except Sky roor, and just bought a 75 True SS el camino with swival buckets gauges with tach and adding PW/PL and it has the RPO 6H1 "Soft face" 75 Laguna front, GM really offered this through COPO, I will send that to you also...yeah, love these cars. I will let you know what cost will be tomorrow on the magazine for sure-thank you-Mitch

Mitchell Murphy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott 73 SS on Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:03 am

Thanks man. I am leaving for a cruise this week.......I get back Oct 6th. Get everything ready and I will send you your money then. I live in East TN and have been to that car museum. I will go check it out again.......I need to know the total price and I will use PayPal. Scott
Scott 73 SS
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott 73 SS on Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:04 am

What else do you have?
Scott 73 SS
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitchell Murphy on Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:24 am

Scott- What part of east Tennessee? I am in Jefferson City, 20 miles from Knoxville- let me know when you get back, maybe we could meet and see the cars-have a great time-Mitch

Mitchell Murphy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott 73 SS on Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:51 am

I grew up in Newport. I currently live in Bulls Gap. I'm in Knoxville on a regular basis and visit friends in Severville all the time.......sure.....I would love to see your cars......mines a labor of love but I've been buying parts for a couple of years now. My car is solid and I've recently picked up a set of swivels, console, dash bezels, carpet, rails, I actually found a 73 SS shifter knob...ect......I'm almost ready to start putting it together.......yep I'm hooked........I'm probably about 6 grand in .......hahahahahaha
Scott 73 SS
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitchell Murphy on Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:57 am

Thanks Scott- It just takes a tremendous amount of time and money-but take your time and do it right and don't cut corners- it all adds up in the details. here is my email bb1973ss@yahoo.com-

Mitchell Murphy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top