Radiator 4 row.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Radiator 4 row.

Post by Joe73 on Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:04 pm

I have my 4 row radiator removed from my chevelle. Never had any issues with it. Will work with automatic and manual trans cars. Its in good condition with some white on the tubes but can be boiled out. Nothing blocked or anything. Saddle to saddle measurement is 28 3/4" and its 18 1/2" tall. Worked great in my car. This is a brass radiator. Being sold as is.

I'm working on getting a box and some styrofoam so I can get a shipping quote for whomever is interested.

Message me your zip if you need a shipping quote. Make me an offer on it. PM if interested. Thanks

Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: Radiator 4 row.

Post by Limey SE on Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:15 pm

Nice what did you put in its Place Joe ?

Management

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:25 pm

I've had my eye on the Northern 205055 for a manual trans (205026 if you have an automatic) for a long time.  It has stamped tanks which I like.  And it has the (2) 1" rows which guys run to 700-800hp big blocks with a/c and no electric fans.  Reasonably priced at around $270.  Just picked it up from a guy who bought it for his 1st gen monte and found out it didnt work with his LS engine.  He only put antifreeze in it but didnt fire it up.  So I picked it up for $125.  Couldnt pass it up.

One thing I did was purchase the Flex-a-lite anode for the 1/8" port up top.  I figure I might not need it but wont be sure til I fire up the motor and put a volt meter into the antifreeze to see if I have any cross corrosion going on.  But either way its extra protection and I needed to plug the port anyway.  The anode cost me $8.83 to my door.   Pic of the anode on the rad below.

Link to the anode.  https://www.flex-a-lite.com/radiator-anode.html

Link to the rad.   https://www.northernfactory.com/Product/205055

Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 on Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:17 pm

$50 plus the ride for the 4 row radiator.
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte on Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:21 am

I too now have a (2) row aluminum with 1" tubes from Engineered Cooling. Have ran it all summer thus far with the air on almost every time Im out.

My fans come on usually in stop and go....but not for long. With the brass and copper, my fans ran almost constant in stop and go situations.

NO DOUBT , an upgrade .
impalamonte
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur on Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:54 pm

I run a 3 row aluminum and a 160 thermostat and it very seldom see's anything over 180. Even in 95 degree heat here in Minnesota.
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 on Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:57 pm

SOLD. Thanks guys. Mods can delete the thread. Thanks
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member