1973 chevelle headliner bows.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: 1973 chevelle headliner bows.

Post by Dead Man on Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:29 pm

well got the headliner in/hanging from the clips. what do you all recommend for the glue.
Dead Man
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:06 pm

3M headliner glue worked great for me. You can adjust the nozzle for the width of spray.
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by pila on Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:29 pm

Liberal use of masking tape & paper, where you don't want any glue, is a good idea ! Very Happy

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Man on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:46 am

lol I will give it a try, the tough part is going to be getting the fabric to hold in place until the glue sets, all the glass is in, and im thinking a binder type clip wont have a thing to hold to.
Dead Man
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:24 am

When I installed my headliner I used the can of glue that OPGI sells specifically for that application. I installed it with the windows in which is more difficult but got very good results. The trick is to brush the glue on both the mounting surface and the headliner and let them tack up before mounting. When the two surface are pressed together it makes for an instant bond. Don't worry about minor wrinkles. If they don't go away after a few weeks you can take a spray bottle filled with water and spray your headliner where the wrinkles are and hit it with a hair dryer. This will shrink the headliner a bit and remove most if not all of the wrinkles. Hope this helps.

g3chevy
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead Man on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:43 am

thanks, Im leaning toward this route bc the windows being in. I see a lot of the pros using the 3m weather adhesive but they use the binder clips right behind them. I cant sit there and hold it all day lol, so will probably order the opgi can.
Dead Man
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum