Best donar car

Go down

Best donar car Empty Best donar car

Post by Madmax75 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:15 pm

Ive seen mention of the impala SS / caprice. Also if one goes to an LS witch auto are you using the 350/400/R4 or newer 4L80 or 4L60

Madmax75
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Best donar car Empty Re: Best donar car

Post by Limey SE on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:53 pm

9c1 or SS impala rear ends, blazer rear disc brakes, front sway bar from Trans Am second gen, you can use a 350th for LS swap but if you have higher gear rear end use the 4l60e the 80 will require you enlarge the trans tunnel

Sure others will ad
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by pila on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:34 pm

Interesting thing about the 4L80, and the tunnel ! My buddy across the street has a 4L80 from a 1-ton van we scrapped out, and I was eyeing it to go behind the 507 inch Caddy in my El camino. I guess the tunnel mod wouldn't be all that bad, but would have been easier just after I had the body on the rotisserie for sand blasting.. It likely would have helped the gas mileage, which isn't very good ! Very Happy

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur on Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:48 am

Of course what Limey means is if you have a higher number rear gear, which is actually a lower gear ratio, then you would want some kind of overdrive tranny not matter which one you choose sir.
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:33 pm

fasrnur wrote:Of course what Limey means is if you have a higher number rear gear, which is actually a lower gear ratio, then you would want some kind of overdrive tranny not matter which one you choose sir.

Right on Buddy Mine is 2.56 rear so I def would not want Overdrive but say you had 3.73 gears or even larger 4.10 you would benefit from an Overdrive trans
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum