G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WANTED- 73 Bench Seat Belts

5 posters

Go down

WANTED- 73 Bench Seat Belts Empty WANTED- 73 Bench Seat Belts

Post by kyle1979 Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:52 pm

Happy day, friends!
I'm continuing through my list on my 73 SS wagon, and I'm in need of the front bench seat belt retractors. These mount under the rear legs of the front bench seat, and allow me to install the front seat. The 73s don't have the should belt accessory on them. I will consider any condition or color. If you have a set, please PM me with what you've got and price shipped to 64064
Thank you so much!
Kyle
kyle1979
kyle1979
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

WANTED- 73 Bench Seat Belts Empty Re: WANTED- 73 Bench Seat Belts

Post by TW Monte Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:22 pm

Kyle - did you find your seat belts yet?
I might be able to help you out & I live in KC also.
I have a complete black vinyl bench seat with black seat belts I took out of my 73 Monte that should bolt right into your 73 Chevelle. Seat belt receivers are the plastic "exploding" type, but everything is intact and in great shape. Seat belts have provisions for the separate shoulder belts. Bench is in good shape also, but has 3 spots where the stiching ripped at seams in driver seat.
I switched interior over to swivel buckets recently.
Let me know if you interested and we can work something out.
Tony
TW Monte
TW Monte
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by kyle1979 Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:23 pm

Hi Tony, I just sent you a PM. I am still looking for some black bench seat belts.

If anybody else has a beat on any, please let me know. I am actually looking for a full set of black bench seat belts now.
Thank you!
Kyle
kyle1979
kyle1979
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:05 pm

You can re build the "exploding" ones now. There is a kit on ebay. I need to do mine. I will get that kit soon.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by 77camino Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:17 pm

After a quick search, I found several places that claim they will make your old belts into brand new. New color matched belts and clean and repair so everything works like new. Has anyone tried one of these type companies?
77camino
77camino
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:57 am

Snake-Oyl is probably the best known.  But, like in the case with restoring our dashes, it doesn't come cheap (just what I've heard).
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by kyle1979 Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:44 pm

Snake oyl does amazing work! I had the passenger side one redone in my sprint because it wouldn’t operate. I just did the basic service and it came back beautiful and functional. I call$ everybody I could find online and they were the only company that would accept the project.

I don’t want to dye any because I don’t want the chance any of them are too stiff, that’s why I sought out some black ones.
kyle1979
kyle1979
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:51 am

Yep...I've tried dying belt straps from one color to another using actual fabric acid dye I bought online that supposedly works on nylon too, and it was a failure (the straps are made with plastic fibers and don't readily absorb dye like a fabric would). However, I had good results when trying to rejuvenate faded black straps with their black dye.

I've found it's very difficult to find used straps that aren't sun faded...so, it's either pay someone to restore what you have with new strapping or, go the universal aftermarket route and make due with something not original to the car.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down