G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clocks? 1976 Gauge Cluster with Clock.......

3 posters

Go down

Clocks? 1976 Gauge Cluster with Clock....... Empty Clocks? 1976 Gauge Cluster with Clock.......

Post by BAS-Sr Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:16 am

Who has experience with the GM clocks in these '73-'77's?
I have played with them before, some successfully, some not as much. I took the clock out of the '76 Laguna, put 12v and the points opened up the movement, just does not want to stay running. seems like it needs a good cleaning and maybe lubrication?
Anyone know enough about these to suggest a cleaner and lubricant?

I have looked around for aftermarket ones for these, does not seem like anyone makes them? I bought a very nice aftermarket quartz movement one for my '72 el Camino, works great. Wish I could find one like that for this '76?
BAS-Sr
BAS-Sr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Clocks? 1976 Gauge Cluster with Clock....... Empty Re: Clocks? 1976 Gauge Cluster with Clock.......

Post by Mitchell Murphy Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:39 am

Good morning- I saw your post for the 73/77 clocks. I have an excellent source for the restoration of clocks and AMFM 8 track GM restoration. His name is Joe Sciarrino 225 Granada parkway Lindenhurst New York 11757. His email is curlyfries3446@hotmail.com He has done 2 AM/FM 8tracks for me and working on a third. These look NOS and beautiful when done, and work as they should. These clocks when new from GM were never that reliable to start with, I have one NOS one for the 73/74 cars-they numerable "TYPE" on the 75-77's are bolder in appearance but will work. Hope this helps you, Joe has helped me-Mitch

Mitchell Murphy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Clocks? 1976 Gauge Cluster with Clock....... Empty Re: Clocks? 1976 Gauge Cluster with Clock.......

Post by BAS-Sr Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:06 am

Thanks Mitch! If I don't get any results with this post, I will get in touch with Joe!
BAS-Sr
BAS-Sr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clanceman427 Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:45 am

They are not bad to open up and clean and lube yourself. I did with help from this site. Do a search for my thread named “ I think I need my clock cleaned”
clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by BAS-Sr Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:03 pm

clanceman427 wrote:They are not bad to open up and clean and lube yourself.  I did with help from this site.  Do a search for my thread named “ I think I need my clock cleaned”

Thanks, interesting thread.

Still did not really find out what you guys used to lubricate these clocks?

One thing I have done is to file the contacts a bit with a very small jewelers file, seems to help the contacts open a bit farther since you get a better contact (electrical EXPLOSION!).
BAS-Sr
BAS-Sr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clanceman427 Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:13 pm

Just spray the inner workings with wd40
clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down