G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrong way crash..Amarillo Texas,4-12-18

3 posters

Go down

Wrong way crash..Amarillo Texas,4-12-18 Empty Wrong way crash..Amarillo Texas,4-12-18

Post by Sinister Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:26 am

Driving a semi through Amarillo Texas.
10 seconds away from a wrong way crash.
Midnight,running west through Amarillo,one lane open heading west due to construction.
I see headlights coming toward me.
I slow down,uhaul truck takes out cones and stuff in the lane that was closed.
10 seconds more and he would have had nowhere to go.
He was doing highway speed as he passed me.
You'll be reading about it in the morning.
Sinister
Sinister
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Wrong way crash..Amarillo Texas,4-12-18 Empty Re: Wrong way crash..Amarillo Texas,4-12-18

Post by thatfnthing Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:29 am

Wow.  Had someone pass me going the wrong way on the inner shoulder of I-90 once. There's nothing quite like seeing the headlights coming at you on YOUR side of the concrete barrier. Wink
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Wrong way crash..Amarillo Texas,4-12-18 Empty Re: Wrong way crash..Amarillo Texas,4-12-18

Post by Sinister Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:03 am

Amarillo - UPDATE - Officials say that I-40 is back open and all lanes are open.

Amarillo police are on the scene of a five-vehicle wreck on I-40.

It happened around 12:35 this morning.

We're told a U-Haul was driving east on westbound I-40.

According to APD, the U-Haul hit the front of a semi-tractor trailer at Ross Street.

Officials say an ambulance then hit the back of the semi.

A small car being towed by the U-Haul was hit by the semi, which caught on fire. The fire was extinguished by Amarillo police.

APD says several cars were involved in a wreck related to this incident on westbound I-40 at Bell Street.

One APD unit was involved but was not hit by the U-Haul.

We're told the driver of the U-Haul is in custody.

Minor injuries have been reported.

Westbound I-40 is shut down from Ross Street to the downtown interchange.

All traffic is being diverted around the incident.

This investigation is ongoing. We will have more information as it becomes available.
Sinister
Sinister
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by zot Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:42 pm

I'm glad it wasn't worse. When I was still driving the school bus, I was taking a group of students down I-20 and was about to change into the left lane to pass an ailing 18-wheeler near Sweetwater, Tx. when I was passed on the left side by an elderly driver in a pickup truck driving eastbound in the westbound lanes. Lady luck was on my side that day
zot
zot
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down