G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big brakes?

5 posters

Go down

Big brakes?  Empty Big brakes?

Post by JF74chevelle Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:39 pm

What brakes are you guys running. I have 15” wheels and I see that Wilwood has a big brake set up to fit in the 15” wheel but I’m not sure of the modifications needed. What are you guys running?
JF74chevelle
JF74chevelle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Big brakes?  Empty Re: Big brakes?

Post by LSANTI76 Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:26 pm

Hi JF74chevelle & I'm running SS braided lines, Powerslot rotors & Wilwood's dual piston calipers you're referring to. Wow! what a difference this made in pedal feel & stopping power & allows using 15" wheels. Wow! They were pricey but worth when you also consider that these are a direct bolt into our factory spindles without any modifications.
On a side note... & just an opinion...I very much like your Chevelle's stance! Perfect ride height, wheel offset & wide wheels/tires on all 4 corners. This look is more difficult to achieve with today's larger rim sizes.
LSANTI76
LSANTI76
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by JF74chevelle Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:22 am

LSANTI76 wrote:Hi JF74chevelle & I'm running SS braided lines, Powerslot rotors & Wilwood's dual piston calipers you're referring to. Wow! what a difference this made in pedal feel & stopping power & allows using 15" wheels. Wow! They were pricey but worth when you also consider that these are a direct bolt into our factory spindles without any modifications.
On a side note... & just an opinion...I very much like your Chevelle's stance! Perfect ride height, wheel offset & wide wheels/tires on all 4 corners. This look is more difficult to achieve with today's larger rim sizes.

Thank you, I’m trying to go for a NASCAR theme. Do you have any links to the parts to went with? Thank you
JF74chevelle
JF74chevelle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bracketchev1221 Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:24 am

I had the Wilwood Dynalite setup on my Chevelle. Bolted right on to the stock drum spindles at the time. Used a 4 piston caliper and stock type rotors with screw in wheel studs so it was easy to use a 3" long 1/2" stud.
bracketchev1221
bracketchev1221
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Showtime73 Tue May 01, 2018 12:20 pm

CPP Big Brakes, having trouble with the booster, but the brakes work great. I did the rear brake conversion with 12" rotors in the back. I have 18in wheels so no clearance problems. CPP saved me a few bucks, and I can't imagine the performance being that much different.

7081SWBK-SC5B (C5 13" rotors)

7078RWBK-P12 (Camaro 12" rotors)
Showtime73
Showtime73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by JF74chevelle Sat May 05, 2018 12:07 am

Showtime73 wrote:CPP Big Brakes, having trouble with the booster, but the brakes work great. I did the rear brake conversion with 12" rotors in the back.  I have 18in wheels so no clearance problems.  CPP saved me a few bucks, and I can't imagine  the performance being that much different.    

7081SWBK-SC5B (C5 13" rotors)

7078RWBK-P12 (Camaro 12" rotors)

I only have 15” wheels

I think I might go with stop tech rotors and just d52 calipers. For now
JF74chevelle
JF74chevelle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JF74chevelle Sun May 06, 2018 6:02 pm

LSANTI76 wrote:Hi JF74chevelle & I'm running SS braided lines, Powerslot rotors & Wilwood's dual piston calipers you're referring to. Wow! what a difference this made in pedal feel & stopping power & allows using 15" wheels. Wow! They were pricey but worth when you also consider that these are a direct bolt into our factory spindles without any modifications.

how did you run those rotors. I have one piece rotors right now, so I would need a wheel hub?
JF74chevelle
JF74chevelle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by brownbomber77 Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:34 pm

A little old but still want to put the information out there...You can use a 77-96 B-Body (Caprice, Fleetwood, Impala, Perisienne, Roadmaster) spindles and 89-91 F-Body with performance package rotors and get 12" rotors that still fit in a 15" wheel.

brownbomber77
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down