Used Undamaged 1973 Dash For Sale-EBay

Go down

Used Undamaged 1973 Dash For Sale-EBay Empty Used Undamaged 1973 Dash For Sale-EBay

Post by Mcarlo77 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:54 pm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/laguna-el-camino-chevelle-dash/382449535980?hash=item590bc4cbec:g:2~8AAOSwvcVa3Q7j&vxp=mtr

Guy has some window louvers for sale, too. Wasn't somebody on here looking for a set recently?
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 68

Back to top Go down

Used Undamaged 1973 Dash For Sale-EBay Empty Re: Used Undamaged 1973 Dash For Sale-EBay

Post by 74Malibu383 on Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:31 pm

Wow. $$$$ Out of his mind.... Just Dashes will refurbish for less and it will look better.
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Used Undamaged 1973 Dash For Sale-EBay Empty Re: Used Undamaged 1973 Dash For Sale-EBay

Post by Mcarlo77 on Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:31 pm

Not so sure, anymore. Last couple of guys on here who had Just Dashes restore theirs say it ran closer to $1800.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 68

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing on Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:44 pm

If I'm going to go that far in on it, I would rather pay the extra $500.00 and know it will be done right by JD and be ready to rock, as opposed to one that clearly needs a lot of TLC. And that's even if the seller's truthful on the 'absolutely no cracks' part.

No one ever lies on ebay, right?
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:29 pm

thatfnthing wrote:If I'm going to go that far in on it, I would rather pay the extra $500.00 and know it will be done right by JD and be ready to rock, as opposed to one that clearly needs a lot of TLC.  And that's even if the seller's truthful on the 'absolutely no cracks' part.

No one ever lies on ebay, right?

I was thinking the same thing. If its not right, at least you can try and get whoever redoes your dash to fix the issue. If it is crack free, how long will that last? Its still a 40+ yr old dash.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:45 pm

$1800? Really? I think I was in the 900-1K department in 09. Guess that's 10 years ago now, but I paid for expedition fees as well due to a deadline. Thought I scored a perfect dash off of eBay till it showed up and it was a dash cap....
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur on Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:57 pm

I thought it was cheaper than that yesterday when Mcarlo77 first posted this. Also it looks to be rather dried up and if I'm not mistaken, doesn't that lend itself to cracking really easy?
I know if I could afford to have JD do mine, I sure would do it.
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing on Tue May 01, 2018 10:02 am

fasrnur wrote:Also it looks to be rather dried up and if I'm not mistaken, doesn't that lend itself to cracking really easy?

Exactly. UV beats on it for 40 years and it dries out. It will crack if you even look at it wrong. I didn't do much right as a youth, but one thing I did was put Armor-All on mine periodically from the day I got the car. People derided me and told me it was crap, but today my dash (and all the other vinyl) looks and feels like it rolled out of the factory yesterday.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy on Wed May 02, 2018 9:27 pm

I purchased a large roll of correct "haircell" vinyl a few years back to restore several dashes I've kept from the vehicles I've parted out. I did a test on the center of the dash to see how the vinyl will form when heated to the proper temperature. The test went well so I have a friend of mine who builds cabinets building a vacuum table that's large enough to do the job. I'm hoping to have a dash completed by the end of summer. When I do I'll post pictures of the results. In meantime I've posted pics of my test.

Used Undamaged 1973 Dash For Sale-EBay 74_ec_10
Used Undamaged 1973 Dash For Sale-EBay Dash_r10
Used Undamaged 1973 Dash For Sale-EBay Dash_r11
g3chevy
g3chevy
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by FumiyoG3 on Thu May 03, 2018 1:29 am

he's reduced his asking price to $1k..........and asks for offers.
FumiyoG3
FumiyoG3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing on Thu May 03, 2018 9:01 am

g3chevy wrote:I purchased a large roll of correct "haircell" vinyl a few years back to restore several dashes I've kept from the vehicles I've parted out. I did a test on the center of the dash to see how the vinyl will form when heated to the proper temperature. The test went well so I have a friend of mine who builds cabinets building a vacuum table that's large enough to do the job. I'm hoping to have a dash completed by the end of summer. When I do I'll post pictures of the results. In meantime I've posted pics of my test.

I for one would love to see progress pics on how that's done. What's the proper temperature? Does it become more pliable?
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy on Thu May 03, 2018 12:51 pm

The vinyl I'm working with is very pliable from 200-220 degrees. At that temp it conforms very nicely to all the contours on the dash. Below is a link to a video that shows part of the process of applying the vinyl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLNqlKaPby8
g3chevy
g3chevy
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitchell Murphy on Mon May 07, 2018 5:50 pm

Hey Guys-regarding the Just Dashes, I had them do one for me for the 73 el Camino SS, and it was just over 1800.00 including the shipping. It was very nice but still too thick and a little "puffy" as compared to OEM. You just can't beat original. Very glad to find an NOS one (74-77) on ebay at Christmas time for 1,150.00-just can't beat GM. The one that Bill Hirte is working on looks great in the pictures, and there is a guy down in Florida doing these for about a 1,000.00. Can't believe Parts Place in Chicago is not reproducing these things- I even volunteered sending in a core to them but never heard back. Let's all wait on "G3 Chevy" to work his magic- Mitch

Mitchell Murphy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down