G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

brake lines.

4 posters

Go down

brake lines. Empty brake lines.

Post by 73ss Thu May 03, 2018 6:59 pm

Ordered some new brake lines to go with my overhauled rear and of course they don't fit worth a fiddlers f***. I sent them some pics so figured I would post while I'm at it. Last pic is my homemade one I bent buy hand. Hoping to get the rear in this week-end. Left side fit after an hour of tweaking and it's not that great. right side just ain't going to work. I guess I'll stick with my home-made ones. Typical stuff when dealing with a 73~77 a body

brake lines. Dscf2522
brake lines. Dscf2523
brake lines. Dscf2521
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

brake lines. Empty Re: brake lines.

Post by Joe73 Thu May 03, 2018 7:04 pm

I got mine from inlinetube and they fit great. I actually got all the brake lines front to rear from them and they fit good.

brake lines. Rear_110
brake lines. Rear_310
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss Thu May 03, 2018 7:24 pm

Thats where I got mine from. Your right side looks like it lays out good. I think mine is too long. Left side I couldn't get it to fit the outer axle tube clip.

Have you fitted them with the backing plates on?
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Thu May 03, 2018 7:54 pm

Yes,  rear was blasted, epoxied and installed.  Brake lines layed in place, backing plates installed.  Then the gears, posi and girdle cover.  Lines lined up nicely.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss Thu May 03, 2018 8:18 pm

I held the right side next to your pic and I have a S bend that you do not have. Maybe they boxed them wrong.
My girdle cover is on Back order. I'm going to run the old cover for a week or 2, drain it, look things over and then put the girdle cover on.

As always, Thanks for the info...
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Thu May 03, 2018 8:57 pm

Joe73 wrote:I got mine from inlinetube and they fit great.  I actually got all the brake lines front to rear from them and they fit good.

+1 I bought the complete set of brake lines, front to back, from Inline Tube. I also bought the fuel lines from them too. I didn't have any issues installing any of them.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Thu May 03, 2018 9:27 pm

Hey. Funny this was posted. I have been looking at this as I have to do the entire system. I decided to do all of mine from scratch. I just received my brake flare kit in the mail today. I am going to use the NiCopp tubing all new everything. I am doing it this way because I have the Wilwood brake kit with the Wilwood prop valve and master cylinder. For some reason Joe's stuff always looks right.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down