G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Driveshaft loop. Anyone use one of these??

2 posters

Go down

Driveshaft loop.  Anyone use one of these?? Empty Driveshaft loop. Anyone use one of these??

Post by Joe73 Tue 8 May 2018 - 10:17

https://www.ramairrestoration.com/dsl-2-no-weld-no-drill-driveshaft-loop-turbo-350-4-speed-vehicles.html

Looking for opinions on the above driveshaft loop. I've dropped my driveshaft a couple times so I would like some extra insurance. Years ago, I did install the universal model that bolts to the floor of the car but have since removed it and welded up the holes. I dont want to drill again since my floor are perfect and epoxied.

I'm concerned with this type of loop since it mounts under your tranny mount. I think its a great idea but it does raise your trans about a 1/4". I'm not comfortable with that. I was also considering simply using some heavy wall 1 1/2" square tubular steel and making a "crossmember" (with loop in the middle) that would bolt to the rearward crossmember bolt holes already in our frame used for the turbo 400. Holes are there already, so it seems simple.

Any opinions are appreciated.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Driveshaft loop.  Anyone use one of these?? Empty Re: Driveshaft loop. Anyone use one of these??

Post by impalamonte Tue 8 May 2018 - 12:40

Could this one in the link be adapted ?

Meaning , trimmed each side and a new LARGE hole drilled center to fit UNDER the cross member attaching with the bolt on the rear of the transmission.

This could be one way to not raise the transmission the 1/4" .

impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Driveshaft loop.  Anyone use one of these?? Empty Re: Driveshaft loop. Anyone use one of these??

Post by Joe73 Tue 8 May 2018 - 13:33

That's a good idea!!! I'll have to take a look at that when my engine and trans go back in. Thanks for the idea.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down