Sport steering wheel horn contact?

Go down

Sport steering wheel horn contact?

Post by S3SS on Tue May 08, 2018 7:07 pm

I installed an original chev sport steering wheel. I can not get the horn from continued sounding off or way too sensitive. Sounds off even before installing horn cap to finish install. What am I doing wrong? Is the horn contact pin too long or too short? What am I missing? Thanks
S3SS
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Sport steering wheel horn contact?

Post by Mcarlo77 on Tue May 08, 2018 8:07 pm

Did you reuse the original pin from the std strg wheel? I know from removing a few of these that they are different. Perhaps that is what is causing the problem?
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur on Tue May 08, 2018 8:42 pm

Is it this wheel sir? If it is, I'd like to know what you come up with. I bought what I thought was the correct one for mine and I get nothing from it. I would also like to know what direction the thin metal piece goes. Curve up, or down.
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 on Wed May 09, 2018 12:07 am

To answer your question Jeff...the curve goes up. †I went thru this myself as the horn doesn't work on my car, either. †My horns are good...as is the relay. †Figure it must be wire inside the strg column as I can't even short it at the metal plate to make it work. †Anyway, this photo was taken after I removed the parts from a junker and kept them in proper position for reference. †BTW...nice shifter 'ya got there...lol!

Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by crice63 on Wed May 09, 2018 6:54 pm

I went through this also, but not remembering exactly what I did. I had to make my own pin and if it is too long or too short it doesnít work. I had ordered the little adapter kit which didnít work right out of the box due to the pin.

crice63
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by S3SS on Wed May 09, 2018 8:48 pm

Thank-you all for your help. In the end the belleville spring (thin metal piece) curved side up but I had to bend it more to create a greater curve. It stopped the rattle and now horn button works as it should. Looks good works great Smile
S3SS
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum