G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STOLEN CAR ALERT CANADA BUT CLOSE TO US BORDER

+2
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
JB2wheeler
6 posters

Go down

STOLEN CAR ALERT CANADA BUT CLOSE TO US BORDER Empty STOLEN CAR ALERT CANADA BUT CLOSE TO US BORDER

Post by Limey SE Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:51 am

Rare classic car stolen after engine trouble brings it to a stop on Simcoe Street

Oct 28, 2009 - 04:30 AM

By Chris Hall

SCUGOG -- A rare classic car that was left on the side of a Scugog road after encountering engine trouble last Friday has disappeared without a trace, say Durham police.

Authorities say a Kirkfield man was driving his vehicle, a 1976 Buick Century Indy pace car, south on Simcoe Street around noon on Oct. 23 when the engine temperature began to rise and the car started acting funny.

He then pulled the car off the roadway and onto the west shoulder, about 300 metres south of Scugog Line 8, say police. After diagnosing the problem as a radiator hose leak, the man called a friend to take him to the Port Perry Canadian Tire for supplies. Before leaving, he turned on his four-way flashers and locked the doors, add police.

Upon returning about 90 minutes later, however, the man discovered his car was missing.

"Nothing seemed suspicious. It didn't look like a tow truck had been there or there was something obvious to them," said Sergeant Nancy van Rooy of Durham Regional Police.

The man later called police and a general broadcast on the vehicle was sent out, but the vehicle has yet to turn up, said Sgt. van Rooy on Tuesday morning.

The car is described as a "rare and unique" two-door, 1976 Buick Century, with 'Buick Eagle' scripted on both doors. The vehicle has a T-top roof, spoiler on the trunk and red stripes on either side.

"It's in excellent condition -- other than the radiator hose," said Sgt. van Rooy.

The car has the license plate AWSR361 and is valued at about $36,000.

"It's hard to miss this one if it's out and about because it's quite unique," said the sergeant.

Anyone with information on the missing car is asked to contact Durham police at 905-579-1520.

REAL PACE CAR

STOLEN CAR ALERT CANADA BUT CLOSE TO US BORDER 76pc_hdr

CONSUMER EDITION

STOLEN CAR ALERT CANADA BUT CLOSE TO US BORDER Century1

Last edited by Limey on Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:36 am; edited 2 times in total

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

STOLEN CAR ALERT CANADA BUT CLOSE TO US BORDER Empty Re: STOLEN CAR ALERT CANADA BUT CLOSE TO US BORDER

Post by JB2wheeler Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:03 am

Man, thats a shame! That car will be stripped and junked. Its not like a new Honda civic or something where you can run out and buy another one. Once its gone, its gone! JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

STOLEN CAR ALERT CANADA BUT CLOSE TO US BORDER Empty Re: STOLEN CAR ALERT CANADA BUT CLOSE TO US BORDER

Post by ant7377 Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:47 am

It will become a Donk.Maybe they will find it ,kinda hard to hide.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:55 am

ant7377 wrote:It will become a Donk.Maybe they will find it ,kinda hard to hide.

haha a donk reference...worst trend EVER in automotive history
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:17 pm

TWBouska wrote:
ant7377 wrote:It will become a Donk.Maybe they will find it ,kinda hard to hide.

haha a donk reference...worst trend EVER in automotive history

But there were some awful trends that come close:

STOLEN CAR ALERT CANADA BUT CLOSE TO US BORDER Hrdp_0912_02+70s_and_80s_musclecars
STOLEN CAR ALERT CANADA BUT CLOSE TO US BORDER 89094863_c1247f9e5f_o
STOLEN CAR ALERT CANADA BUT CLOSE TO US BORDER ChevelleSS
STOLEN CAR ALERT CANADA BUT CLOSE TO US BORDER Ricer_civic_2

And possibly some of the straight axle drag cars I would throw in as well:
STOLEN CAR ALERT CANADA BUT CLOSE TO US BORDER 2389165397_cd793347f3
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:50 pm

But there were some awful trends that come close:

STOLEN CAR ALERT CANADA BUT CLOSE TO US BORDER Hrdp_0912_02+70s_and_80s_musclecars
STOLEN CAR ALERT CANADA BUT CLOSE TO US BORDER 89094863_c1247f9e5f_o
STOLEN CAR ALERT CANADA BUT CLOSE TO US BORDER ChevelleSS
STOLEN CAR ALERT CANADA BUT CLOSE TO US BORDER Ricer_civic_2

And possibly some of the straight axle drag cars I would throw in as well:
STOLEN CAR ALERT CANADA BUT CLOSE TO US BORDER 2389165397_cd793347f3[/quote]

haha yeah the monster truck thing on a muscle car pisses me off too...and i dont even count ricers as cars...i get into arguments with these guys all the time when some punk whose seen the fast and the furious wayyy too many times rolls up in his civic hatchback and tries to give me a million STUPID reasons he thinks are valid as to why import is better than muscle...i usually respond with the only one thats needed (although there are many reasons why muscle is better than import)

REASON: IMPORTS are only better than muscle if you want to impress dudes (MEANING: YOUR GAY) girls almost never know anything about cars, and all of them will like something that looks classical and well kept, not something that looks like the box it was shipped to america in with a coffee-can muffler that sounds like a mosquito farting in a tin can. So after totally ruining their whole self esteem, i then say, keep your rice rocket, and enjoy it, ill enjoy my american classic that will continue to be admired by good looking women while you continue to be admired by a bunch of dudes who pretend to know something about cars because after all, NOS is the only way to go fast.

and that ladies and gentleman is what really grinds my gears. haha. Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by TWBouska on Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:53 pm

And let's not forget those gawd awful pastel prostreeters from back in the day! I couldn't find an example of one, but just pick up a Car Craft or Hot Rod mag from the late 80's-early 90's & you'll see what I mean.

I'm not against imports, just ricers. I've had a few Turbo Eclipses & with a couple of cheap mods they will surprise you. I took down quite a few unsuspecting Fox Bodies. I'm sure there are other imports out there that will send you home with a bruised ego, you have been warned.

BTW, I hope to see the owner get reunited with his car. It's a shame to see something like this happen to anyone, especially when the said vehicle is nearly impossible to replace.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:18 pm

STOLEN CAR ALERT CANADA BUT CLOSE TO US BORDER Hrdp_0912_19+70s_and_80s_musclecars

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:23 pm

STOLEN CAR ALERT CANADA BUT CLOSE TO US BORDER Hdrp_0504_04_z+psychedelic_paint+454_corvette

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:35 pm

STOLEN CAR ALERT CANADA BUT CLOSE TO US BORDER 5574748-5254663-71_Cuda_SMN_76_600

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:18 pm

STOLEN CAR ALERT CANADA BUT CLOSE TO US BORDER 100_0678-vi

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:46 pm

You guys watch all those funky late 70's early 80's paint jobs are gonna come back full tilt.As well as huge cragar ss and Lakewood traction bars painted yellow and velocity stacks and tunnel rams on cars the dont need em.. Its all a cycle like clothing.Im glad too because im really sick of the pro touring/euro look stuff.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:56 pm

ant7377 wrote:You guys watch all those funky late 70's early 80's paint jobs are gonna come back full tilt.As well as huge cragar ss and Lakewood traction bars painted yellow and velocity stacks and tunnel rams on cars the dont need em...

You mean like this?
STOLEN CAR ALERT CANADA BUT CLOSE TO US BORDER 29963910

Just razzing ya Limey. lol!

EDIT:: AT LEAST USE A GOOD PICTURE PLEASE LMAO afro WHERE THE COOL IS IN AGAIN
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:53 pm

GO PICK UP HOT ROD 2009 ISSUE AND SEE WHERE ITS AT BABY

COVER STORY 60 STREET MACHINES! The late 70s and early 80s are hip again, especially as they apply to street machine styling. Here are examples of the era done right. CRUSHER CAMARO Revamping our famous project car from the mid- 90s with a gnarly late- 70s/early- 80s vibe. Groovy.

Read more: http://www.tinydl.com/ebooks/103630-hot-rod-december-2009-us.html#ixzz0YOJRqb9G

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:46 pm

Yeah Limey but your paint is too subduded .You need more color and stuff.
Im glad its gonna come back because im really sick of the pro touring big wheel urban look. Its been done to death.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:47 pm

YOU GUYS HATE EVERY THING I LOVE!!!!!!
MUST BE A GENERATION THING....
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:53 pm

not me bro

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:27 pm

Haha Limey, that pic is the first one I saw with the striped fenders so I went with it. You should know as much as I hound you about the slots that I'm a fan of the tunnel ram, big n littles, & retro stuff, but seriously some of those paint jobs are just too wacky to be taken serious. On the other hand this car is beautiful!
STOLEN CAR ALERT CANADA BUT CLOSE TO US BORDER 5574748-5254663-71_Cuda_SMN_76_600

Hopefully pastel colors (think Easter eggs), Keystone Klassics, & sidepipes are NEVER popular again though!
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:22 pm

Limey wrote:STOLEN CAR ALERT CANADA BUT CLOSE TO US BORDER 100_0678-vi

JUST SO YOU KNOW THIS CAR WAS PAINTED LIKE THIS ONLY 4.5 YEARS AGO LONG LIVE THE KEYSTONES LMAO....... afro lol! afro GRUUUVVVEEEE BABBEEEEE

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:14 am

I like Keystones and sidepipes.Must be all the old Hot Rod mags I read growing up.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:22 am

you all dont remeber maligoon and how I got that car havent you LOL let me post a reminder

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:32 am

OOOOOO the memories LMAO

STOLEN CAR ALERT CANADA BUT CLOSE TO US BORDER Newcar10

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:28 pm

heres your eggshell and even a prostreet

STOLEN CAR ALERT CANADA BUT CLOSE TO US BORDER 3mc3pb3o05Te5P75Rd9buf7a2db8a6577142dSTOLEN CAR ALERT CANADA BUT CLOSE TO US BORDER 3n03k63l55O05Ta5Q59buff36cf99cc18166fSTOLEN CAR ALERT CANADA BUT CLOSE TO US BORDER 3ne3pc3lc5O15P45R69bu7799c834bb101bda

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:44 am

PRO-STREET IS AWSOME!!!!!!!!! king
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum