G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now

+8
bigredlaguna
Iguy
pila
Dinomyte
Limey SE
NOMOREWORK
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
fasrnur
12 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now Empty Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now

Post by Zaptiah Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:18 pm

I have officially started my laguna build this week, and for once I am actually taking pictures lol.

I did a tasteful steering wheel upgrade
Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now 20180710

And have started on the back window repair. This is the only spot of rust i can find on the entire car.
Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now 20180711

I also dropped the original 350 off at the machinists and in a few weeks will have a new 400hp small block to install.

Last edited by Zaptiah on Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now Empty Re: Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now

Post by Zaptiah Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:22 pm

I have a new set of plastics for the interior that i am going to respray in SEM coatings OE-3 so the old plastics will match the new dash pad i have

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now 20180712

Most of the plastics are a close match of the red color already but will be all matching when done.

Last edited by Zaptiah on Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I can't spell :p)

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now Empty Re: Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now

Post by NOMOREWORK Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:28 pm

Who makes that wheel? I like it !

NOMOREWORK
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:51 pm

This should get you close. I ordered it from NXT Parts as a complete kit from their eBay store.

this is the link to the eBay store

https://www.ebay.com/str/NXT-PARTS?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

And here is the link to their website which has more options.

https://www.nxtparts.com/Chevelle-Steering-Wheel-Components-Volante-s/178.htm

You will have to email them to get the same brass riveted wheel like I have as I don't think they have it in a kit right now. They carry the Volante wheels and autopro parts kits. The wheel, adapter and horn button were awesome. the horn button parts kits was OK and got the job done, but I would have liked something a little nicer. I will probably revisit that when I finish the big stuff, its fine for now and I'm the only one who notices it since its out of sight.

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NOMOREWORK Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:13 am

Thanks I checked there site and found one I will be buying.

NOMOREWORK
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:35 pm

Great. I really like the billet adapter hub and the wheel itself. It feels really really nice in the hand. Glad i could help 👍

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:09 am

So a quick update that will serve as a nice snap shot of what it was like before i got crazy. Here is a link to it running with the current crate motor.

https://youtu.be/MOztqaQ1Nb4

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:16 pm

Cool steering wheel there sir. What all you doing to the engine to get it up to 400hp?
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:01 pm

Like said above, ...nice steering wheel ! Very Happy

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:20 pm

fasrnur wrote:Cool steering wheel there sir. What all you doing to the engine to get it up to 400hp?

Its really just the most basic of hot rodding builds really. Having the block, rods, and crank redone since those can be saved. New Liberty alum heads and rpm alum dual plane intake. More cam (around here we race the "corvette" cams. I can get the specs if needed) and a point of compression. Along with my fresh edlebrock and a good set of mid length headers I shouldn't have any problem hitting that number. Motortrend engine masters did a build like this on a stock crate motor and got over 400 with iron Vortec heads. That was kind of the inspiration. My thought is with a few slightly better components I will be good to go.

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NOMOREWORK Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:24 pm

Following in your foot steps !Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now Thumbn10

NOMOREWORK
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:11 pm

That is one sharp wheel. Really matches the interior nicely.

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:58 am

Not to much to update. Waiting on the new motor to be finished amd a few more parts to arrive. If my crate motor and trans sells in time then im going to pull the trigger on a t56 magnum swap. Unfortunately the better half wont let me do it before then lol.

Did receive new goodies .... New a6 compressor in that box amd new posts and clips for the rear window.

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now 20180810

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:56 am

Got to work on it again this weekend. Time for the interior to get a little love while im waiting on the engine to be finished

One of the things I'm hoping to do with this build thread is to take pics of stuff i haven't been able to find myself. So without further ado here we go ...

Pulling trim ...
Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now 20180811

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:57 am

Got her stripped and checking for dreaded rust ...

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now 20180812
Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now 20180813
Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now 20180814

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:58 am

Installed a new weatherstrip in the trunk

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now 20180815
Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now 20180816

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:01 am

Hey. I am doing a T56 swap right now. There is not much info out there for the 73-77 A Body on the swap. I have looked at the youtube videos for the older Chevelles. I have cut out my floor to make room for the large trans. I have all the parts needed so if you have any questions about what I have learned just let me know.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:01 am

Rear seat removal. Bottom os seat is easy with 2 small bolts in front bottom of seat. The seat back however is a rotten bastage lol ....

Seat back removal ...

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now 20180817
Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now 20180818
Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now 20180819

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:53 am

Ok here is a more detailed look at the top of the rear seat mounting.

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now 20180820
Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now 20180821
Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now 20180822

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:55 am

Here is. The reason i started doing all this. Typical aged plastic started crumbling.

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now 20180823

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:00 pm

Soooo ... With any project you end up finding something ugly you didnt expect. I found the tiny bit of rust i expected in the rear window so that will be getting fixed the next weekend i have good weather to do it. But holy cow bell batman i didnt expect to fi d this hiding under the plastic ...

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now 20180824

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:08 pm

REVINKEVIN wrote:Hey.  I am doing a T56 swap right now.  There is not much info out there for the 73-77 A Body on the swap.  I have looked at the youtube videos for the older Chevelles.  I have cut out my floor to make room for the large trans.  I have all the parts needed so if you have any questions about what I have learned just let me know.  

I will definitely take you up on that next year. I am definitely doing the t56 swap on this but since that is soooo expensive and I am already doing a bunch a big jobs on it right now I think that oen will have to wait just a tad or the wife just might kill me in my sleep lol.

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NOMOREWORK Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:21 pm

Wise decision ! LOL

NOMOREWORK
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:55 pm

Hey.  Look at these two pics.  The T56 is very large and you will be doing this to your floor.  If you don't want to do to much of this the TKO 600 RR is a super transmission.  It is the 5 speed and it is rated at 600 lbs/ft of torque.  I could not use it because my engine will make a little more torque than that.  If you have a 400 HP small block you could use the 5 speed and save a bunch of floor mods.  Still some cutting but not this much.  All the videos I watched on the T56 install in the older Chevelles had the guys cutting, and cutting, and cutting, and trimming.  I just got it out of the way all at once and made a nice clean cut that is one piece for a cleaner install.  You will also need to find the clutch and brake pedal set up.  Like I say, when you get to that point PM me and I will help you out.  I am about to go into the garage and make a custom fuel system.  I'm out...Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now Img_3810
Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now Img_3811
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:21 pm

Ever wonder why body work is so expensive? It's super labor intensive. Made progress on the big ugly scar today ... Bought a set of body hammers and dollies ...

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now 20180825

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next