Project - Attitude Adjustment begins

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Project - Attitude Adjustment begins

Post by Zaptiah on Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:06 pm

Thanks ... I plan on that lol. Mainly i think i will try to get the new engine prepped and ready to drop in. Mainly just waiting on a few parts to show up at this point.

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by NOMOREWORK on Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:27 pm

Be safe my friend !

NOMOREWORK
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah on Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:33 pm

Alrighty folks i finally have an update. Florence did indeed end up kicking us around a tad. Fortunately our house had just a little damage and water intrusion. We had a foot of water in the yard at one point but lucklily nothing i couldnt fix afterwords.

This weekend my son and i were able to get the new motor installed. Hopefully sometime in the next couples weeks i will have everything installed amd have her running and rolling. I still have a few gaskets and parts to order i decided to replace today. I am also going to have to order a new header back exhaust. Unfortunately mine isnt worth saving so new it will be ... Wish i hadnt missed that sale for the stainless exhaust at JEGs.

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NOMOREWORK on Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:59 pm

Looking good !!

NOMOREWORK
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:19 am

My friend in Bright Indiana just put a header to rear bumper 3" exhaust up for sale with flow masters if interested I will get you his contact info. He is asking 300 for it btw

Management

Street Cred : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah on Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:14 am

I appreciate that Limey, but i want to pit a 2.5 inch exhaust on this so the 3 inch just doesn't work for me.

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah on Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:27 pm

Soooo ... I arrive home today and my nee exhaust has shown up ... Woohoo ... Stainless baby lol

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah on Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:27 pm

Sorry for the lack of updates but I've been super busy and only get out to put a few things on here and there. Plus the weather is starting to turn and since I do most of this in my driveway I have to wait for a good day sometimes. I have the carb, distributor, a bunch of fittings and vacuum lines all mounted up now. I'm at the point where I work on it and have to order small things like control valves or fittings and fasteners etc. I did get a very rude education trying to install my headers ... clearly not going in from the top LOL

Also if anyone has any tips on the best brackets to use to remount my accessories with headers installed as opposed to the original exhaust manifolds I would love to hear it. I think I will be OK on the alternator, but the power steering and A/C compressor are a different matter. They originally used the front bolt on the manifolds and clearly wont line up with the headers. I could rig something up with threaded rod and spacers etc, but I would like to have something neater if at all possible.

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah on Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:35 pm

Wooohoooo ... The headers are in and boy oh boy were they a pita ... Also got some parts amd controls mounted. Everything is still loose but i think i am 1 more day of work from having it running and driving again.

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:41 pm

Looks great brother

Management

Street Cred : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Yesterday at 10:40 am

X2. Man, you must be barely able to contain the excitement now. Smile
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by NOMOREWORK Yesterday at 10:57 am

Seems like only a few days ago there was a big hole there ! Great work keep it up !

NOMOREWORK
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3