G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now

+8
bigredlaguna
Iguy
pila
Dinomyte
Limey SE
NOMOREWORK
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
fasrnur
12 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 3 Empty Re: Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now

Post by Zaptiah Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:06 pm

Thanks ... I plan on that lol. Mainly i think i will try to get the new engine prepped and ready to drop in. Mainly just waiting on a few parts to show up at this point.

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 3 Empty Re: Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now

Post by NOMOREWORK Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:27 pm

Be safe my friend !

NOMOREWORK
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:33 pm

Alrighty folks i finally have an update. Florence did indeed end up kicking us around a tad. Fortunately our house had just a little damage and water intrusion. We had a foot of water in the yard at one point but lucklily nothing i couldnt fix afterwords.

This weekend my son and i were able to get the new motor installed. Hopefully sometime in the next couples weeks i will have everything installed amd have her running and rolling. I still have a few gaskets and parts to order i decided to replace today. I am also going to have to order a new header back exhaust. Unfortunately mine isnt worth saving so new it will be ... Wish i hadnt missed that sale for the stainless exhaust at JEGs.

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 3 20181010
Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 3 20181011
Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 3 20181012

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NOMOREWORK Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:59 pm

Looking good !!

NOMOREWORK
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:19 am

My friend in Bright Indiana just put a header to rear bumper 3" exhaust up for sale with flow masters if interested I will get you his contact info. He is asking 300 for it btw

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:14 am

I appreciate that Limey, but i want to pit a 2.5 inch exhaust on this so the 3 inch just doesn't work for me.

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:27 pm

Soooo ... I arrive home today and my nee exhaust has shown up ... Woohoo ... Stainless baby lol

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 3 20181013

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:27 pm

Sorry for the lack of updates but I've been super busy and only get out to put a few things on here and there. Plus the weather is starting to turn and since I do most of this in my driveway I have to wait for a good day sometimes. I have the carb, distributor, a bunch of fittings and vacuum lines all mounted up now. I'm at the point where I work on it and have to order small things like control valves or fittings and fasteners etc. I did get a very rude education trying to install my headers ... clearly not going in from the top LOL

Also if anyone has any tips on the best brackets to use to remount my accessories with headers installed as opposed to the original exhaust manifolds I would love to hear it. I think I will be OK on the alternator, but the power steering and A/C compressor are a different matter. They originally used the front bolt on the manifolds and clearly wont line up with the headers. I could rig something up with threaded rod and spacers etc, but I would like to have something neater if at all possible.

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:35 pm

Wooohoooo ... The headers are in and boy oh boy were they a pita ... Also got some parts amd controls mounted. Everything is still loose but i think i am 1 more day of work from having it running and driving again.

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 3 20181112

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 3 20181110

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 3 20181111

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:41 pm

Looks great brother

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:40 am

X2. Man, you must be barely able to contain the excitement now. Smile
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by NOMOREWORK Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:57 am

Seems like only a few days ago there was a big hole there ! Great work keep it up !

NOMOREWORK
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:34 am

Thanks guys ...

I am at the point now of just waiting for a good weather day to finish. Then its on to the interior which should be a lot faster and easier. Pretty sure i have all the hard work done already, just need to mount the new retracting 3 point belts and do a lot of cleaning and installing etc.

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:38 pm

I got a little nice weather and a day off from work so in betaeen honey do projects i grabbed a lkttle wrench time and sorted a few things out like brackets and spacers i may need ... Getting close

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 3 20181114
Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 3 20181113

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:30 pm

Alrighty now. Got a day of fair weather so off to O'Reilly i go. I fou d the solution to mounting the stock water pump and eventually the a/c ... They carry the special studs we need folks ...

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 3 20181210

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:34 pm

I have the alternator and power steering sorted and mounted now ... YAY

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 3 20181211

I also got the headers torqued and began sorting the exhaust routing. Getting closer. 😀

Still have to finish wiring ... Assorted plugs and connections. New tach and gauges ...

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:44 pm

Looking good Brother

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:55 pm

Another nice weather weekend and i got a little more work done. I of course also made more work for myself lol. Mainly i completely stripped the water temp probe ... DOH. Well in my world that's a forced upgrade he he he ... New guages here i come lol. Also sorted out a bunch of minor detail stuff like gapping and torqueing the spark plugs running vacuum lines and the electrical like the new alternator. I also properly installed the new centerbolt valve covers. I have a few detailed pics of what i did to help someone out. I went centerbolt to try to fight the ever present SBC valve cover weeping. I used really nice FelPro rubber gaskets. But to do that you need to mount them to the valve cover like the OEM does. I used high tack to accomplish this and it worked briliantly.

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 3 20190111
Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 3 20190110
Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 3 20190112

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:56 pm

This is the stuff i use and it really makes the job easier.

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 3 20190113

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:29 pm

She's a beauty. Keep the pictures coming, I'm getting motivated to finish some of the projects I've left unfinished and plan to do "later on" . . .
Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:54 pm

Only got a tiny bit done due to the weather. This is the carb set up I'm using. I could probably just mount the carb straight to the manifold but i decided to go ahead and remount the spreader/heat sink spacer. This spacer needs the gasket trimmed to fit. A bit of time and fiddling and sanding and you can end up with a smoothly blended fit ...

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 3 20190116
Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 3 20190115

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:15 am

Those manifolds with the spreadbore openings usually have a plate to use, when going to a square bore carb. Have that on my 400. Edelbrock & Weiand both have the plate, which doesn't require the adapter.....Summit likely has the plate in stock..

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:50 am

Appreciate the tip but i knew about those. I chose this for a couple reasons. First i already had it so i didn't have buy anything. Second this one theoretically will give a little more tumble thus giving a better mixture.

The reality is i could just mount the carb straight to the intake. I decided that this carb and plate setup ran really well on the last motor so why not keep it ...

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:37 pm

So ... I finally had a weekend where it wasnt bitter cold AND it wasnt raining. First order of business was to get under the car and get the exhaust in it. It takes a whole bunch of fiddling and a bit of trimming but it's in there and looks nice.

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 3 20190310

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaptiah Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:40 pm

I also mounted a new battery tray. I took out the crusty old original and cleaned up the area then painted it up to look a bunch better.

Project - Attitude Adjustment for sale now - Page 3 20190311

Zaptiah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next