G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you listning to right now?

+2
thatfnthing
alowerlevel
6 posters

Go down

What are you listning to right now? Empty What are you listning to right now?

Post by alowerlevel Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:34 am

One of my favorite threads on other forums. Lets hear what yall are listening to right now.

Right now Im jamming out to one of my favorites, deftones needles and pins

alowerlevel
alowerlevel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

What are you listning to right now? Empty Re: What are you listning to right now?

Post by thatfnthing Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:29 am

Richard Diamond, Private Detective -- the Case of the Blue Serge Suits

thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

What are you listning to right now? Empty Re: What are you listning to right now?

Post by FumiyoG3 Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:36 pm

Early Van Halen, with Diamond Dave at the reigns.  Not many bands could touch these guys in the early days.  I was just a bit too young to go see them in concert when they were on top, and not really interested in the Hagar stuff though it wasn't bad.  Just couldn't touch Roth as a front man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn8APTMyKsg

Last edited by FumiyoG3 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
FumiyoG3
FumiyoG3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:47 pm

I've kind of rediscovered original Lynyrd Skynyrd after digging thru my old vinyl records and 8-tracks.  Love listening to this outdoor concert at the Knebworth fair in England back in their heyday (1976).  Reminds me of a simpler time when people congregated to hear raw music talent without all the theatrical sideshows that entertainers must depend on today to capture the attention of fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zW7Ft_GTvw
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by crice63 Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:03 am

Just returned from a road trip from California. I predominantly used two of my Spotify playlists. The first is an eclectic rock mix dominated by old school southern rock like Skynyrd, Allmans, ZZTop, Marshall Tucker, Aerosmith’s version of Train Kept ARollin, Spiderbait’s version of Black Betty, Mountain’s version of Mississippi Queen, but branches out quickly to older stuff like Dylan, Traffic, Grateful Dead, Clapton, Hendrix, Queen, Stones, and to samples from more recent generations—van Halin, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam, Dire Straits, White Stripes/Raconteurs, Blues Traveler, Black Joe Lewis, North Mississippi Allstars. Also mixed in some oddities to keep things lively, Pat Travers, BTO, Bonerama, Townes Van Zandt, Richmond Fontaine, Dusty Springfield found Son of a Preacher Man, and of course can’t forget the Deep Purple.
https://open.spotify.com/user/crice63/playlist/0m1KXrZfUddiDUqw1Ik1n8?si=LQot9pAfTqyTTBx94RR7Tg

But for driving music you can’t beat bluegrass. Banjos—either love ‘em or hate ‘em, and I love ‘em. Speed picking sounds great at 90 mph. I have a modernized, freak version list I call “Bluegrazz”—new bands playing bluegrass forms influenced by jam band sensibilities. The style is probably most typified by Trampled by Turtles, but none of these performers are getting any top 40 radio play time. Some of my favorites on this list are Carolina Chocolate Drops, Devil Makes Three, Charlie Parr, Split Lip Rayfield, Cornmeal, Pert Near Sandstone, Mumford and Sons, Ben Miller Band, Mountain Firework Co, Sam Bush, Useful Jenkins, leftover Salmon, the Steeldrivers (especially songs written by their first singer, Chris Stapleton), and William Elliott Whitmore.
https://open.spotify.com/user/crice63/playlist/5qJnEw1EruwhPScfq6snb2?si=K6H9CUPIThCbVapSPLrPUg

Just today I added to that list Elizabeth Cook’s “El Camino”. Don’t know how I’ve missed it!
https://youtu.be/S5yt0gXLkh0

crice63
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry46765 Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:03 pm

Crice63 -

Yep, Elizabeth Cook is awesome.  

So someone else likes speedgrass?  I will check out the other bands you have listed.  I wear a trashed Split Lip Rayfield hat everywhere.  Probably seen them live at least 10 times and I'm not even from Kansas.  

Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band, Texas Meat Purveyors, Hillbilly Hellcats, Reverend Horton Heat, and Hank III are in constant rotation.  But I can listen to the the Statler Brothers and then the Cramps.  It's probably considered bad parenting that my kids know the lyrics to Camper Van Beethoven or Reverend Horton Heat songs.  Whatever.

Thanks -

Jerry
jerry46765
jerry46765
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by crice63 Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:10 pm

jerry46765 wrote: It's probably considered bad parenting that my kids know the lyrics to Camper Van Beethoven or Reverend Horton Heat songs.  Whatever.

LOL. Bad parenting--my kids are grown now so I can confirm it's bad parenting. I remember being faintly concerned when the two boys were arguing over something one day and the younger one shouted "BITCH, I WANT MY FOUR HUNDRED BUCKS." On the other hand, it's fun to sit down to a meal and start with a round of "Eat steak, Eat steak, Eat a big ole steer! Eat Steak Eat Steak, Do we have one, dear?"

I think they were doomed by genetics; the parenting errors were just a bonus.

crice63
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry46765 Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:06 pm

Ha Oh Yeah that is pretty sweet.  

My boy's music teacher asked us how he knew some song about 'winning the lottery and naming a street or school after him...'  My wife groaned and I laughed my a*s off but the 60+ year old music teacher definitely wrote down the band's name, listened to the youtube videos and even mentioned it after the Christmas play...  Banjo or Fiddles, Rock on.

Camper Van Beethoven - When I Win the Lottery

Ok, one more.  We have made the Unknown Hinson concert an annual event.  

Lynyrd Skynyrd Ed King meets Unknown Hinson in Nashville
Unknown Hinson - I Cleaned Out a Room (In my Trailer for You)

Thanks -
jerry46765
jerry46765
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by crice63 Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:13 am

Ha! My wife thinks we might be the only people who listen to Unknown Hinson so I read her your post. She observed you were likely a regular viewer of Squidbillies, too. That’s another show that will get quoted pretty frequently around here. Don’t touch the trim.

crice63
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum