G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Brown Eye..... not a 305 anymore!

+7
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
Roadcaptain S3
74Malibu383
BlackChevelleSS
bigredlaguna
1973 454 MONTE
ant7377
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Project Brown Eye..... not a 305 anymore! - Page 3 Empty Re: Project Brown Eye..... not a 305 anymore!

Post by Limey SE Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:14 am

Yea I have that for sale since I got the cutlass back a few months ago

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Project Brown Eye..... not a 305 anymore! - Page 3 Empty Re: Project Brown Eye..... not a 305 anymore!

Post by The Dude Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:18 am

LOL, your Cutlass thread was started the day after I posted my new parts. How's that for timing?
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:03 pm

So I'm finishing up on engine bay clean up & getting ready to drop the motor back in. Thought I had every nut, bolt, gasket, & fluid covered but apparently it's been too long. I completely forgot about buying new motor mounts to replace the old wore out ones, forgot about the fuel pump gasket, may or may not have lost a couple of bolts during the removal/sitting process (still looking), & uhhh..... well I think that's it for now. I guess it just goes to show even someone with prior experience can screw up sometimes. Embarassed

Of course this happens to me when I'm really getting anxious to roast the tires on this bad boy, lol.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:36 pm

Been a while since I've updated my project thread & to be honest I haven't touched her much since April. Done some work on her tonight & I thought I'd share a few pics. Enjoy! Very Happy

Couple of tucked bumper/blacked out grille shots. I know my paint needs some attention, LoL!
Project Brown Eye..... not a 305 anymore! - Page 3 102_1810

Project Brown Eye..... not a 305 anymore! - Page 3 102_1811

Here's where I sit with the motor install. Mainly need the dizzy & some accessories installed, but I'm lazy.
Project Brown Eye..... not a 305 anymore! - Page 3 102_1812

This pic is just for RoadCaptain & 73Monte454. So shiny! On a side note, look how high she sits now! Gotta do something about that.
Project Brown Eye..... not a 305 anymore! - Page 3 102_1813
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:43 pm

I can dig my drop springs out doubt I will use them now since bad big block is in very near future for Limey ask Chris he seen it

Last edited by Limey on Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:50 pm

First I gotta focus on getting it back on the road, but when I do get it running I might give you a holler. How well would they work with 90/10 drag shocks up front? She's turning into more of a joy vehicle & less street car the farther along I go. GoFast
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:55 pm

there a 1.5" drop I believe I am almost sure they would not work

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:05 pm

Damn. So I'm stuck between selling my Lakewoods & sitting normal or keeping them & sitting like a truck? Maybe it won't look so bad when I get everything back on. It should come down some, but I know I dropped about 200lbs off of the nose with the gutted bumper, aluminum parts, no AC stuff, & possibly a fiberglass hood in the near future. Heck I might even drop the sway bar & see how it drives, LoL!
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:33 pm

lakewood 90/10 shocks ?? or springs ??

we can work something out if you wanna swap if 90/10

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:36 pm

Lakewood 90/10 shocks that haven't even been used. I bolted them onto my Cutlass when I was building it & they just sat there on jackstands for about a year while I was cleaning the car up. I tell you what, let me get everything bolted back on & see how it sits. Since I got lift springs for the rear it might not look too bad, but if it still needs dropped in the front I'll work out a deal with you.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:06 pm

it will look like limeys original stance the stinkbug stance

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:48 am

Been a year since I posted any updates on her so I just wanted to throw out some recent crappy cell phone pics for you guys.

Stats for those of you that don't know Brown Eye:
1976 Base Chevelle
mildly modified 350/TH350 with 2200 rpm stall
3.08 posi
no heat/ac, soon to have manual steering.
Corvette wheels on 235/75 Hankooks
Black interior with blue inserts on the seats, bench up front (debating on changing that.
Still need to install my B&M shifter
90/10 shocks up front, factory springs for now
Drag bags out back with HD lift springs from JC Whitney. Chrome rear sway bar.
Tucked front bumper

She's getting ready to go back into tear down mode for some engine upgrades. Also yes, my tail panel is off right now. I'm doing some updates to it too. Still plan to get a fiberglass hood & fenders. Still haven't settled on a final color choice. Still need to install the passenger Sport mirror.

Project Brown Eye..... not a 305 anymore! - Page 3 76_fro10
Project Brown Eye..... not a 305 anymore! - Page 3 76_sid10Project Brown Eye..... not a 305 anymore! - Page 3 76_dr_10

Also wanted to add: Ignore the crap inside the car, I was moving it from storage. Also ignore the crooked front bumper. Yes I know it needs aligned, lol!
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:00 pm

I think she looks nice Rago, need some white letter tires though for the vette wheels LOL J/K and love the whole Black grill wished mine would have turned out like that but oh well. I thinks it looks ok ( mine) Keep it rocking buddy

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:32 pm

Still got some more plans for it for sure. I'd like to get rid of the nosebleed stance. Dropping so much weight from the front end has really affected it. Need to drop it in the front. White letters would be cool. I might go that route next time.

I took my time on the grille & used semigloss to get that look. Also helps to have a 76-77 base grill. IMHO it's probably the best style to use if you are wanting to black out. Just looks more natural.

Does anyone else see the striking resemblance to a first gen Monte since the bumper is tucked? Just look at the front clip, nothing else.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:18 pm

The Dude wrote:Does anyone else see the striking resemblance to a first gen Monte since the bumper is tucked? Just look at the front clip, nothing else.

I see it in the 2nd pic for sure. That's how they should have built these w/ a much shorter bumper shock.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:21 am

I agree. I miss the foot rest though, lol!

I figured bumper tucking would be more popular than it is considering the different methods available & the advantages that come with it. Only real downside to losing all that weight is a raised front end (I also lost all the heater/AC junk though).
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:33 am

The Dude wrote:Does anyone else see the striking resemblance to a first gen Monte since the bumper is tucked? Just look at the front clip, nothing else.

Nope. Lol. Sorry Razz

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:50 am

Not that I would put a Monte on the same level as a Chevelle, but you seriously don't see it?

LMFAO, just razzing you MC fans!
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:12 am

Eh...a LITTLE...just a hair.

I would have never looked at BE myself and said "It looks like a G1 Monte!" though...

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3