REVINKEVIN
REVINKEVIN
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Need a G3 Drag Project Empty Re: Need a G3 Drag Project

Post by thatfnthing on Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:20 am

Why wouldn't you remove the back seat? Isn't that just dead weight? I realize it isn't much, but every ounce counts in a drag car, doesn't it?
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by bracketchev1221 on Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:07 am

Not sure what to make of that one. Its got the cage done, but unless its certified, 25.5 is meaningless. It looks like it was started with good intentions and got derailed. And as far as the backseat, unless the rules require it, I hope they can get it out. Seems kinda funny to build a cage around a dirty seat.
bracketchev1221
bracketchev1221
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN on Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:30 am

That seat pic gave me a chuckle. I think someone wanted to build a drag car and gave it their best shot. That shot just missed the target.
REVINKEVIN
REVINKEVIN
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing on Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:36 pm

bracketchev1221 wrote:Not sure what to make of that one.   Its got the cage done, but unless its certified, 25.5 is meaningless.  It looks like it was started with good intentions and got derailed.  And as far as the backseat, unless the rules require it, I hope they can get it out.  Seems kinda funny to build a cage around a dirty seat.  

It gets even weirder, though -- if you look a couple pictures ahead at the rear diff, clearly all the sheet metal has been removed behind the seat and the entire seat back is visible. It won't support any weight, it won't block fumes or noise, so what's the point? scratch
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by TrendSetter on Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:33 am

Thats my old car that i built quite a few years ago.
it was never fully finished as you can see. the car was built in the heyday of radial racing and was intended to be a street race/radial car so there were efforts put in to keep it 'looking heavy' and more original than it actually was. unfortunately since i sold it the doors got replaced with fiberglass and there was no other progress made on the build.
i was very active on the old chevytalk board, so some folks on here have probably seen the car before when i had it. it was pretty fast in its day.
im very much considering buying it back, but the original doors have been lost and i want to convert it back to a driver.

TrendSetter
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by TrendSetter on Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:42 am

bracketchev1221 wrote:Not sure what to make of that one.   Its got the cage done, but unless its certified, 25.5 is meaningless.  It looks like it was started with good intentions and got derailed.  And as far as the backseat, unless the rules require it, I hope they can get it out.  Seems kinda funny to build a cage around a dirty seat.  
all the bars are there for a 25.5 cert, its all the right size and fully tigged 4130.  the back seat is captive on the bars, you would have to cut it up to get it out.  the seat was newly reupulstered when the car was built. The pictures in the ad dont do the car justice at all.

thatfnthing wrote:It gets even weirder, though -- if you look a couple pictures ahead at the rear diff, clearly all the sheet metal has been removed behind the seat and the entire seat back is visible.  It won't support any weight, it won't block fumes or noise, so what's the point?  scratch
all that was cut out for weight savings.  a bunch of thin aluminum came with the car to complete the interior work.  I sold it before finishing and was only paid to complete the cage work.  the person that bought the car did so with the intention of street racing it, so a light car that looks heavy was of great value to them at the time.

TrendSetter
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down