'75 Laguna Project For Sale

Go down

'75 Laguna Project For Sale Empty '75 Laguna Project For Sale

Post by Mcarlo77 on Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:36 pm

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/d/tucsonchevy-s3-laguna-project-chevrolet/6784992431.html

This is what a car looks like if left out in the AZ desert sun.  And, talk about patina!  About all that can be said for this poor thing is that the sheet metal would be solid.  But, $2K...I don't think so.

Last edited by Mcarlo77 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 68

Back to top Go down

'75 Laguna Project For Sale Empty Re: '75 Laguna Project For Sale

Post by fasrnur on Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:05 am

If one was looking for a solid body to redo a rusty one, then the $2000 might not be too bad. Would cost a lot more than that to have a rusty one brought back to a clean car status.
One thing for sure, it wouldn't be to tough to take any plastic left in the interior out. It'd probably crumble in your hands. lol
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:03 am

Yeah, maybe...but, with the added cost of transporting it to another part of the country, I seriously doubt he'll get it.

On a side note, with Barrett-Jackson Phoenix week coming up, watch the Craigslist ads in Phoenix area. Everybody and their mother wants to tap into the money coming into town and you'll usually see a large uptick of cars being posted for sale...usually at much inflated prices.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 68

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte on Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:57 am

I'll have to agree somewhat with FASRNUR. 2000.00 is the "asking" price.
I see guys attempting to repair cars with rusted quarters , tops , floorboards. Way ahead to drop the associated costs with getting it anywhere in the US not to mention the time savings not having to deal with the cutting , repairing. And if your not skilled at such....most of the time if your trying to entrust the guy your hiring is doing it right. Usually , not the case. The guy your hiring is trying to fix it fast to move to the next one. Not to mention its setting in his shop for 6 - 12 months. All that work is expensive !! You'll eat up that 2k in a blink at the body shop! And for the interior , use any means to get it back together...think outside the box. El Caminos , Montes , Grand Prixs....yes that dash may look weird....but better than what's in there. The sail panels.....that may be a long search though. Or try to hash something out of some flat panel ABS !
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down