G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I thought i would ask anyway for parts ??

5 posters

Go down

I thought i would ask anyway for parts ?? Empty I thought i would ask anyway for parts ??

Post by lagunaman Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:04 am

Tonight I started in on my 73 Laguna . It has been sitting outside uncovered for about 4 years . The inside is moldy and I am trying to clean it as best as I can . Some of it I think may be too bad . So I am looking for any neutral color interior parts (off white) . Such as the plastic pieces that go from the windshield above the side windows back to the rear window . Sun visors and the fuel gauge with the idiot lights . Maybe the seat belts or would I be better off buying new ? I would ask about a dash pad but figure that's a long shot !!!LOL But hey it's brown LOL and any advice appreciated !!!!

lagunaman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

I thought i would ask anyway for parts ?? Empty Re: I thought i would ask anyway for parts ??

Post by Limey SE Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:13 am

I know of a Complete MINUS SEATS black interior if interested it is for the smaller Opera Windows though he is at $400 for everything

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

I thought i would ask anyway for parts ?? Empty Re: I thought i would ask anyway for parts ??

Post by Mcarlo77 Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:48 am

Don't mean to discourage you, but finding those interior plastics in good shape in that color is going to be extremely difficult. White/Off-White fared the worst from U.V. exposure. Would be easier if you were to be open to the idea of painting any color you can find. Or, if yours aren't dry-rotted and just stained from dirt/mold, just give them a good scrubbing and paint them. Of course, sail panels are the most difficult to find in any color if those need replacing. Put a complete list of parts together and let's see what we all can do to help. I do know of a very nice Fuel gauge in a '73 Monte cluster if nobody else has one to offer. Don't know what the JY would want for it.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:03 am

Fuel guage with idiot lights would be for the normal rectangular cluster which most 73 lagunas had.  I've only seen 2, 73 gunas with the round dash owner stating an option although GM heritage center documents say "NA" on the laguna for 73.    What about a dash pad for you?   I have the factory brown dash in my 73, but no ac, took me 7 years to locate a nice clean original replacement and that was back in the 80s to early 90s.

Last edited by Joe73 on Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:11 am

As for the mold. Couple things that work well in the detailing world and on boat interiors.

If you have a dollar store near you, see if they have something called "Totally Awesome". Its usually in the cleaner/fantastic spray area of the store.

If not, then hit walmart for some Purple Power or Castrol Super Clean. Fill a spray bottle with some at a 10:1 or 4:1 ratio with water. I use distilled water for detailing stuff but in this case it wont matter. So its 1 part cleaner to 4 parts water, etc.

Then hit a store and get a "magic eraser". Generic walmart brand will do as well.

Spray the area, let sit a minute or so, spray it again, and use the magic eraser on it. Should remove all the mold and wont damage the vinyl.

Been doing this trick for years. Good luck with it.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 80

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:33 am

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/pts/d/knoxville-monte-carlo-interior-nice/6873505838.html
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down