G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear Control arms and sway bar B to A??

4 posters

Go down

Rear Control arms and sway bar B to A?? Empty Rear Control arms and sway bar B to A??

Post by newmexguy Sun May 19, 2019 10:26 am

Any experts know if rear control arms and sway bar from '77 - '96 B chassis interchanges with all '73 - '77 A car chassis?  Do not have later (eighties) paper hollander readily available.

newmexguy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Rear Control arms and sway bar B to A?? Empty Re: Rear Control arms and sway bar B to A??

Post by Limey SE Sun May 19, 2019 10:36 am

Yes the Caprice and Impala sway bars and arm do fit I have a Impala Sway bar from 94 waiting to go on my car

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Rear Control arms and sway bar B to A?? Empty Re: Rear Control arms and sway bar B to A??

Post by bigredlaguna Sun May 19, 2019 11:49 am

In theory the trailing arms will, but I have heard of a "fix" to center the wheels in the wheel well openings on the bubble caprice. I'm not sure if the factory length control arms are the same, or if the "fix" is.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by newmexguy Mon May 20, 2019 1:19 pm

"Bubble" Caprice? Do you mean 71 - 76 Glass house style?
Is the rear end (the corporate 8.5 inch) the same?? Meaning 73 - 77 A versus 77 - 90 B? Have never measured one versus the other backing plate to backing plate.

newmexguy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Mon May 20, 2019 9:04 pm

No. Bubble Caprices are the last generation. I forget the year breaks, but the generation I was referring to includes the 1996 Impala SS.

The 71-76 are a physically larger platform and will not interchange.

73-77 A versus 77-end of production B-body will interchange. Just consider the lug patterns if the wheel selection is important to you. The box body 77-? may also have a physically weaker axle depending on how it was optioned when new.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by brownbomber77 Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:00 pm

bigredlaguna wrote:No. Bubble Caprices are the last generation. I forget the year breaks, but the generation I was referring to includes the 1996 Impala SS.

The 71-76 are a physically larger platform and will not interchange.

73-77 A versus 77-end of production B-body will interchange. Just consider the lug patterns if the wheel selection is important to you. The box body 77-? may also have a physically weaker axle depending on how it was optioned when new.

Some more information on this... If the axle has a 4.75x5 bolt pattern, there's a very high chance it is a 7.5" rear end. 89-90 Caprice Taxi and Police had 4.75x5 and an 8.5" rear end. We do share the same suspension dimensions front and rear. The lower control arms are all 22" BUT the 91-96 cars have a wider bushing.

brownbomber77
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

TW Monte likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down