G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looks like a 73 survivor

+3
clanceman427
FumiyoG3
thatfnthing
7 posters

Go down

Looks like a 73 survivor Empty Looks like a 73 survivor

Post by Joe73 Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:54 am

Real nice to see a "deluxe" in excellent condtion. Dash doesnt even look to be cracked. Manual brakes but has dual horn.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-Chevrolet-Chevelle-Deluxe/192940541187?hash=item2cec270503:g:yoIAAOSwOdlc-FF~&vxp=mtr
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Looks like a 73 survivor Empty Re: Looks like a 73 survivor

Post by thatfnthing Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:20 am

Wow, that car is clean -- great base for a project. Would that I had the time and space, as it's just south of me.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by FumiyoG3 Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:00 pm

WOW!!! I love those unmolested original cars. I wouldn't change a thing!
FumiyoG3
FumiyoG3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by clanceman427 Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:25 am

My dream parts car!😆
clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by 76 Malibu Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:14 pm

Very clean car! It'd be nice to keep original, but a 307-2bbl was terrible for '73. A friend of mine had one in a '73 Pontiac Ventura and it could barely get out of it's own way. Couldn't image how'd it be in the heavier Chevelle.
76 Malibu
76 Malibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:25 pm

I'd just put some 3.73 out back and it'll move nice. Leave everything else stock.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:07 pm

How about that Chevy Citation sitting next to it?  I was one of the unfortunate victims of unscrupulous marketing by GM and bought one of those POS's.  They were supposed to be the latest and greatest in scaled-down family/commuter cars with their front wheel drive and fuel economy.  They duped the major car magazines by providing test cars with enhanced suspension/braking systems in order to get rave reviews.  Of course, the production cars didn't come with either.  Plus, GM dodged a civil lawsuit because of their propensity to develop large rust spots randomly all over the car.  Big A$$ blisters in the middle of a door panel, roof, hatch, hood, etc.  I took meticulous care of mine at the time and, after 5-6 yrs, it looked like it had a pox.  You were lucky to get 50K miles on the original CV joints, inner tie rods, struts and wheel brgs.  To this day, I've never bought another Chevy (except for the '77 Monte Carlo and '75/'76 Lagunas) because of this stunt.    To see one in pristine condition like this one is a rarity...and, I'd bet it was rarely driven.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by newmexguy Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:00 am

Those Citations (X bodied GM Cars) were nasty vehicles. Higher price for fwd junk. And the awful 60 degree V-6. The Iron Duke was the better engine. The styling looked as if was largely inspired by the 78-79 Malibu.

newmexguy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum