G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swivel bucket seats

3 posters

Go down

Swivel bucket seats Empty Swivel bucket seats

Post by Scott 73 SS Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:44 pm

Swivel bucket seats Img_2011
Swivel bucket seats Img_2011
Scott 73 SS
Scott 73 SS
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Swivel bucket seats Empty Re: Swivel bucket seats

Post by Scott 73 SS Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:53 pm

Hello everyone... Been a while since I've logged in. I'm still buying parts for my 73 SS. In my parts search this week I stumbled onto two sets of swivel buckets. I now have 3 full sets. They are all complete, just been stored in a 40s model panel truck for several years. The bases need to be cleaned up and lubricated. I removed one today and got started. It cleaned up nice and is fully functional. I will be selling two sets once I figure out what I want to keep for mine. I will post a pic of the third set shortly. They are in really good shape.
Scott 73 SS
Scott 73 SS
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott 73 SS Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:02 pm

Hello everyone...  Been a while since I've logged in. I'm still buying parts for my 73 SS. In my parts search this week I stumbled onto two sets of swivel buckets. I now have 3 full sets. They are all complete, just been stored in a 40s model panel truck for several years. The bases need to be cleaned up and lubricated. I removed one today and got started. It cleaned up nice and is fully functional. I will be selling two sets once I figure out what I want to keep for mine. I will post a pic of the third set shortly. They are in really good shape.Swivel bucket seats Img_2012
Scott 73 SS
Scott 73 SS
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott 73 SS Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:44 am

Swivel bucket seats Img_2017
Swivel bucket seats Img_2016
Swivel bucket seats Img_2018
Scott 73 SS
Scott 73 SS
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott 73 SS Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:48 am

I got one set of my seat bases cleaned up and functional. The other set is complete but the rail feet are just about rusted off. Any suggestions on how to repair/replace the feet?
Scott 73 SS
Scott 73 SS
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:22 am

I've come across this several times up here in MN when out at the JY's. I know the feet are a different height than on std bench seats and std bucket seats (Olds/Buick/Pontiac). Suppose anything can be jerry-rigged with a welder and some scrap metal if you intend to keep them and not re-sell. Otherwise, they are pretty much junk.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:35 am

I'm sure something can be made from some angle iron and welder. Even a piece of bed frame angle iron.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down