73 parts on CL.

Go down

73 parts on CL. Empty 73 parts on CL.

Post by 73ss on Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:40 pm

https://mansfield.craigslist.org/pts/d/galion-parting-out-73-chevy-chevelle/6905888887.html

Guys,

I went and got parts off of this yesterday. I guess I could have checked here first to see if anybody needed anything. I got the 1/4 window trim and the emblems, dash emblem too. Got the overflow jug also.

I scored on the window trim, stainless and will clean up nice. I've never had a set for my car.

Anyway, The vinal top trim looked decent, Wasn't someone on here looking for a set? All of the trim was decent. Not much else is good. Everything is rotted. Hood and trunk lid were decent, but I've seen better. Still has interior but will most likely crumble upon removal. If anyone needs anything call the number in the ad. He may ship, he mentioned he wants to open a e-bay store to get some exposure. You can tell him the guy that got the window trim put his ad up on the forum so he knows your legit.

It is 80 miles from me so I can't run down there to check stuff out.

He also had a 73 or 4 cutlass. It was hit and pretty much junk but it did have a center console & shifter if any Olds guys are interested.
73ss
73ss
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 10

Back to top Go down

73 parts on CL. Empty Re: 73 parts on CL.

Post by Limey SE on Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:49 pm

should have snagged the wheels before they get tossed into a Pile and destroyed
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 92

Back to top Go down

73 parts on CL. Empty Parts off 73 Malibu

Post by lagunaman on Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:09 pm

73 SS I would love to get some parts off that car . i think maybe if you got a list of parts wanted . Then go get them and charge for gas ,time and shipping . This would be a big help too all including me

lagunaman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss on Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:10 pm

lagunaman wrote:   73 SS I would love to get some parts off that car . i think maybe if you got a list of parts wanted . Then go get them and charge for gas ,time and shipping . This would be a big help too all including me

i dunno, Guy is closed on week-ends. I had to take a vacation day to go there. I've got vacation coming up but plans are made. If he was local I might do it. I can call him and see if he'll ship. What are you after?
73ss
73ss
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lagunaman on Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:42 am

What I am mostly needing is the plastic parts . Like the trim . I wonder if the dash pad is any good ? Also maybe the gauges ?

lagunaman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss on Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:55 pm

The only plastic I looked at was the dash and the inside rear window quarter trim. Both were there but trashed. This stuff simply was not designed to last 45 yrs baking in the sun.

Sweep type speedo, no gauges.
73ss
73ss
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 on Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:58 pm

[quote="73ss"]The only plastic I looked at was the dash and the inside rear window quarter trim. Both were there but trashed. This stuff simply was not designed to last 45 yrs baking in the sun.

Especially, the white/off-white plastic trims. I've been digging thru cars up here in MN for 15+ yrs and have yet to find any white plastic that wasn't crumbling. Black fared better and can sometimes still be found in good condition.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 68

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss on Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:33 pm

You guessed it. White. The package tray itself was rotted away. You could see straight down to the gas tank. The result of a leaking rear window sitting outside for many years.

I would have grabbed it if it was any good because people are always looking for the stuff.
73ss
73ss
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down