G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Laguna door panels fit on a 74 elco door?

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Will Laguna door panels fit on a 74 elco door? Empty Will Laguna door panels fit on a 74 elco door?

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:59 pm

Im putting the laguna nose on my 74 elco soon, also looking to redo the interior in black, OPGI has the laguna door panels in repro as well and to be honest i like them better than the regular ones, just trying to make sure the doors are the exact same and that the laguna upper door panels will fit with the door armrests and lower door handles correctly, any help is appreciated, thanks.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Will Laguna door panels fit on a 74 elco door? Empty Re: Will Laguna door panels fit on a 74 elco door?

Post by Limey SE Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:50 am

yes the same just make sure you get the ones that DO NOT HAVE the rear ashtray holder for the rear passenger other than that yes they will interchange

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Will Laguna door panels fit on a 74 elco door? Empty Re: Will Laguna door panels fit on a 74 elco door?

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:04 am

cool thanks for the heads up man, i wasnt sure and OPGI is NOT CHEAP so i didnt wanna make that mistake, luckily their just right down the road from me so at least i wont be paying shipping.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:24 am

take yours with then to compare them .................

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:16 am

I heard that the re pop lower door panels are cruddy. I'd re do the ones you have, if your only issue is the color. If you do it right, they turn out great. You have to use a "plastic prep" on before you paint with special trim paint. OPG probably has it all...got mine from NPD when i had my Chevelle. Luckily, the Monte Carlo don't need it.

Here are some pic of the door panels from my Chevelle after re painting.
Will Laguna door panels fit on a 74 elco door? 24649040073_large
Will Laguna door panels fit on a 74 elco door? 24649040076_large

The drivers side door panel had a few gouges in it before conditioning, as you can see. But the paint surface itself turn out great! Good luck!

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:57 pm

74MonteCarlo wrote:I heard that the re pop lower door panels are cruddy. I'd re do the ones you have, if your only issue is the color. If you do it right, they turn out great. You have to use a "plastic prep" on before you paint with special trim paint. OPG probably has it all...got mine from NPD when i had my Chevelle. Luckily, the Monte Carlo don't need it.

The drivers side door panel had a few gouges in it before conditioning, as you can see. But the paint surface itself turn out great! Good luck!

yeah man i gotta say those look pretty damn good, i'd be more than happy if i could find some and recondition them i would rather do this, but i have the original door panels with the velour and buttons and stuff in them, which are kind of cool but their too luxury for me, i like my interiors plain, black, and straight to the point.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:09 pm

i like the 73-74 monte upper panels because on the map pocket.
Will Laguna door panels fit on a 74 elco door? Dr_111

but i also changed my bottoms (75-77 landau option monte panels)
Will Laguna door panels fit on a 74 elco door? Dr_210
they are also the same as cutlass
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:22 pm

top ones look just like my laguna ones but with NO pull strap to pull out LOL

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:21 pm

oh yeah, that was my next question...so monte carlo door panels will also fit on my elco? cause i like those too.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:40 pm

TWBouska wrote:oh yeah, that was my next question...so monte carlo door panels will also fit on my elco? cause i like those too.

yes they will.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:32 pm

sick, that helps, im gonna have to see if i can those repro..
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:24 pm

wished you would have posted this a few days ago i just got rid of 4 sets of door panels for cheep was tired of looking at them

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:42 pm

i wish i would have too. oh well, cant get all the deals i guess. IF ANYONE HAS ANY COMPLETE DOOR PANELS IN BLACK FOR SALE HIT ME UP IM DOWN TO BUY.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:44 pm

74MonteCarlo wrote:

is your monte lemans blue metallic?

i think our g3's are the same color
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:19 pm

TWBouska wrote:i wish i would have too. oh well, cant get all the deals i guess. IF ANYONE HAS ANY COMPLETE DOOR PANELS IN BLACK FOR SALE HIT ME UP IM DOWN TO BUY.

let me see what i have.
do you need just window crank holes?
or do you have power stuff?
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:29 pm

1973 454 MONTE wrote:
TWBouska wrote:i wish i would have too. oh well, cant get all the deals i guess. IF ANYONE HAS ANY COMPLETE DOOR PANELS IN BLACK FOR SALE HIT ME UP IM DOWN TO BUY.

let me see what i have.
do you need just window crank holes?
or do you have power stuff?
just manual, i dont like electronics, my mom had a volvo when i was growing up, the damn electric windows in that thing were always getting stuck in the down position and stuff like that, even if i bought a ZR1, i'd probably still ask for window cranks, haha.

how about you? anything you got manual is good for me, im looking to buy a complete dash too, but 74montecarlo has got me covered for the instrument cluster
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:38 pm

how deep is your wallet ?? LMAO

I ask if 1973 454 monte has regular ones I could sell you mine that say laguna in it with the map pocket Uppers the lowers i have ........have a power lock button in them and chris they gotta be black

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:42 pm

Limey wrote:how deep is your wallet ?? LMAO

I ask if 1973 454 monte has regular ones I could sell you mine that say laguna in it with the map pocket Uppers the lowers i have ........have a power lock button in them and chris they gotta be black

hmmm...how much are you willing to let those uppers go for? and do you have any pictures?
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:56 pm

limey,----- if his wallet is deep.

yours has to be deeeeeeeper...................................................................
Razz
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:30 am

1973 454 MONTE wrote:

limey,----- if his wallet is deep.

yours has to be deeeeeeeper...................................................................
Razz

shooooootttttt my wallet hits bottom as soon as i open it lmao

has that lil vacumm release like when you open the coffee can because there is nothing in it............LMAO

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:40 pm

TWBouska wrote:
74MonteCarlo wrote:

That's my stolen 74 Chevelle. The original color was code 26 - but I cannot remember the name. It was repainted before I got it, a few shades blue darker than the original color. My Monte Carlo is Code 36 Aqua Blue Metillac.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:55 pm

74MonteCarlo wrote:
TWBouska wrote:
74MonteCarlo wrote:

That's my stolen 74 Chevelle. The original color was code 26 - but I cannot remember the name. It was repainted before I got it, a few shades blue darker than the original color. My Monte Carlo is Code 36 Aqua Blue Metillac.

man, im sorry to hear that the thing got stolen, how long has it been gone for? you know if anyone has seen the thing?
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:43 pm

Got stolen July 2007, never seen again.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:53 pm

sh*t man...im sorry to hear that. Thats like my biggest fear is someone will steal my car.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:02 pm

Meh, my Monte Carlo is a much better car, in many ways.

Only bummer is that my dad and I spent all winter restoring the engine of that Chevelle. Had it 2 days shy of one year.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next