G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AutoTwirler Plus Automotive Rotisserie

3 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Go down

AutoTwirler Plus Automotive Rotisserie Empty AutoTwirler Plus Automotive Rotisserie

Post by Limey SE Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:55 am

Height Adjustable, Bare Steel, Model# PLUS

AutoTwirler Plus is the height-adjustable restoration rotisserie designed to rotate the vehicle body, frame or body and frame. The AutoTwirler Plus has an adjustable pivot point and includes 2 hydraulic jacks for height adjustment while mounting or working on your project. Includes a one-of-a-kind balance kit for finding the center of gravity (no manual lifting involved.) The AutoTwirler Plus will work for most vehicle types. Some additional mounting hardware may be required. Makes rust repair, scraping, blasting, cleaning, painting and other restoration tasks much easier. Can be adjusted to hold a truck cab or a full-sized 1960s American muscle car. U.S.A. ...............................................................................................................................................................................................

Item# 118542

Only $1299.99
Guaranteed Lowest Price
Qty

Add to Wish List

Factory Shipped —
Delivery Time: 7 - 12 Business Days
Ship Wt. 495.0 lbs
Calculate Shipping
Truck Ship
Need help unloading? * Rotates car body or body/frame 360°
* Bare steel finish is ready to paint
* 3000-lb. capacity
* 20in. mounting height
* Four 16in. mounting arms
* 3-pc. telescoping center bar allowing 19ft. 6in. of extension
* Six 5in. phenolic resin casers (includes 2 caster locks)
* Locks in any position
* Enables easy access to hard-to-reach areas
* Will mount on full-frame cars
* Additional brackets may be required for unibody (sold separately)
* Requires 8-ft. ceiling
* 72in.L x 30in.W x 57in.H ................................................................................................................................................................................................ NORTHERN TOOL AND EQUIPMENT AutoTwirler Plus Automotive Rotisserie Urlandnumber

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

AutoTwirler Plus Automotive Rotisserie Empty Re: AutoTwirler Plus Automotive Rotisserie

Post by Hydro King Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:00 am

is it free shipping
Hydro King
Hydro King
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

AutoTwirler Plus Automotive Rotisserie Empty Re: AutoTwirler Plus Automotive Rotisserie

Post by JB2wheeler Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:54 am

Hydro King wrote:is it free shipping
Are you kidding? In a word, NO. Another thing that bothers me is it says it will twirl a complete 1960s muscle car, frame and all and it says it has a capacity of 3,000 pounds. Did you ever see a 1960s muscle car that did not weigh more than that? To put it mildly, I have reservations about it. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:17 pm

My uncle has a 1966 GTO and with all running gear and stuff off the car he used the same one as this it is built very solid. he never had a prob with it and IMHO only.......... who wants to a roto job with the frame still attached anyways i think they are just giving that option if it need be

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:41 pm

Actually I do. I am pretty much disabled and what I would like to do is flip my 78 elky high enough on its side where I can sandblast the frame and suspention before I weld up the weak rusty places in the frame and paint it. I did not want it turned up so far that the fluids in the car would be effected by raising it. I figure at about a 60 degree angle would work. I am too old to jack that thing up and put it on jackstands to do that. I am unable to get up off the floor without grabbing something and pulling myself up. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:10 pm

crap JB i am only 42 i have been doing that since i was 34 because of a 3 bad knee surgerys so i know what you mean brother, and that same company has one thats rated at 4000 pounds if you want i can get the link for you 4000 pound should work real well for you.....................i would drain all fluids from motor just to be on safe side anyways if tilting that much to its side but thats me .......

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:32 pm

THE MALIGOON wrote:crap JB i am only 42 i have been doing that since i was 34 because of a 3 bad knee surgerys so i know what you mean brother, and that same company has one thats rated at 4000 pounds if you want i can get the link for you 4000 pound should work real well for you.....................i would drain all fluids from motor just to be on safe side anyways if tilting that much to its side but thats me .......
4,000 pounds sounds good. My 78 Elky only weighs about 3700 pounds, but thats just guessing. If I run across any extra money I might rtemove the front clip for a fiberglass replacement. Better safe than sorry on the weight. I will probably be rebuilding or switching motors. The motor is a 350 with about 30,000 miles on a rebuild. JB

Last edited by JB2wheeler on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:46 pm

I tried to hunt up the 4,000 pound model you mention and could not find it. There was a review of the above model and it recieved a very poor rating because it was deemed too flimsy. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:26 pm

JB2wheeler wrote: 4,000 pounds sounds good. My 78 Elky only weighs about 3700 pounds, but thats just guessing. JB
JB according to my resto pack from GM they say your el camino left factory tipping the scales at vin #1AC80 CURB WEIGHT IS 3827 POUNDS SHIPPING WEIGHT WAS 3797 POUNDS and if your vin # is 1AD80 curb weight was 3842 pounds and shipping weight was 3762 pounds

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:10 pm

Thanks Anthony. Thats only about 2 or 3 hundred pounds lighter that my 74 Elky. I like the 74 much better that the 78. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:33 pm

yea the 74 elky tips out at almost 4000 shipped weight and about 4080 almost curb weight

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydro King Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:11 am

I just got the rotisserie today and it is almost put togeather. I will post pics tomorrow, and yes it's powder coated.
Hydro King
Hydro King
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:37 pm

I am waiting with baited breath. I am probably going to get the Twirler, but just have not bit the bullet yet. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydro King Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:34 pm

Took a hour to build, Looks bad A$$, and heavy. Damn thing is strong..
Hydro King
Hydro King
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down