G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T.W. Bouska's 74 El Camino/My Daily Driver (UPDATED 12/19/10)

+8
daverd
JB2wheeler
Roadcaptain S3
dragons_lair59
knightfan26917
badbiscayne66
Laguna Budman
BlackChevelleSS
12 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

T.W. Bouska's 74 El Camino/My Daily Driver (UPDATED 12/19/10) - Page 4 Empty Re: T.W. Bouska's 74 El Camino/My Daily Driver (UPDATED 12/19/10)

Post by JB2wheeler Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:00 pm

TWBouska wrote:i actually havent even gotten around to installing it yet, but i know there isnt anywhere for me to put the hoses without some mods, i didnt know they made a specific one, i thought it was pretty much universal. is there still an offer for the free one?
They make specific ones for the "popular" cars, but not the 73/77 Elky. They sell a generic model for cars that do not have a specific model. They want to cover the 73/77 Elkys, and I see no reason that one would not also be specific for the regular G3 colonades. This is a real good deal and I suppose they may already have a test mule by now. I was going to buy the generic one sold by Jegs (its on their home page right now, but they change often) and decided to wait for the specific one because, like you mention, space is limited. I looked at mine and figure that, unless Spectre comes up with a better idea, I will have to route it thru the front inner fender panels or the hood. If the inner fender panels are used I am worried about all the dirt thrown around inside there. A baffle would have to be put in front of the intake to ward off dirt. I also would like to use the hood, which can be done in a number of ways. Either a cowl hood could be used or a scoop put thru the hood. I hate to cut up a good hood! JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

T.W. Bouska's 74 El Camino/My Daily Driver (UPDATED 12/19/10) - Page 4 Empty Re: T.W. Bouska's 74 El Camino/My Daily Driver (UPDATED 12/19/10)

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:16 pm

yeah i was thinking about waiting to put it on and buying one of the cowl hoods from U.S. body source and just routing it through there. i wouldnt want to cut my hood up either its pretty solid.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:28 pm

unless they have a supplier or a source on the west coast for them I would go with VFN fiber glass they are about 30% cheaper than US body source and are built very well

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:26 pm

thanks for the heads up..do they have the same stuff though?
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:28 pm

scratch that question, just looked at the website, ill have to order from there instead.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:37 pm

If you have the space, by all means keep your old sheet metal. It may come in handy some day and can only go up in value. Of course if you don't have a place to keep it, thats bad. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:21 am

yeah i might...or i might sell it...space is limited for me as i dont have my own garage my stuff gets stored in someone elses garage unfortunately.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:41 pm

JB2wheeler wrote:
TWBouska wrote:i actually havent even gotten around to installing it yet, but i know there isnt anywhere for me to put the hoses without some mods, i didnt know they made a specific one, i thought it was pretty much universal. is there still an offer for the free one?
They make specific ones for the "popular" cars, but not the 73/77 Elky. They sell a generic model for cars that do not have a specific model. They want to cover the 73/77 Elkys, and I see no reason that one would not also be specific for the regular G3 colonades. This is a real good deal and I suppose they may already have a test mule by now. I was going to buy the generic one sold by Jegs (its on their home page right now, but they change often) and decided to wait for the specific one because, like you mention, space is limited. I looked at mine and figure that, unless Spectre comes up with a better idea, I will have to route it thru the front inner fender panels or the hood. If the inner fender panels are used I am worried about all the dirt thrown around inside there. A baffle would have to be put in front of the intake to ward off dirt. I also would like to use the hood, which can be done in a number of ways. Either a cowl hood could be used or a scoop put thru the hood. I hate to cut up a good hood! JB

checked out their website, unfortunately this is my only form of transport at the moment so i couldnt afford to not have my car for 4-5 days.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by daverd Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:33 pm

I went out of state the other night to look at a car for afriend of mine( too rusty)
but in the building there was a 74 gmc sprint sp 454 with white bucket interior
lime green needing restoration what a neat truck it was....
I wish I had the time and money to do that one over.....

daverd
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:38 pm

daverd wrote:I went out of state the other night to look at a car for afriend of mine( too rusty)
but in the building there was a 74 gmc sprint sp 454 with white bucket interior
lime green needing restoration what a neat truck it was....
I wish I had the time and money to do that one over.....

i dont know about where your at, but out here ive seen them and 73-77 montes in drivable condition for under a grand, as a matter of fact im thinking about getting another one soon..girlfriends dad is gonna sell is 70 camaro though and im kinda tempted to see if he wants to sell me that.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by daverd Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm

Truck was in Rhode Island I am in Boston MA
I dont remember seeing many gmc sprint sp 454 around here even many years ago when their was lots of 73 to 77 era cars still on the road up here...

daverd
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:50 pm

daverd wrote:Truck was in Rhode Island I am in Boston MA
I dont remember seeing many gmc sprint sp 454 around here even many years ago when their was lots of 73 to 77 era cars still on the road up here...

yeah i dont think ive seen too a GMC sprint with a 454 either...and i see, if your out there im sure the cold weather and wet climate took care of most cars that old to the point of there not being too many of them around..welcome aboard the site...what do you have?
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by daverd Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:04 pm

I am awating my 73 cutlass supreme
I owned a 73 442 4speed years ago....
and a winter beatah 73 supreme and a clean 75 supreme that was like a pea green no rust but terrible color inside and out..
I also own a 71 442 w30 automatic holiday coupe...

daverd
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:07 pm

love all those...id love to have that holiday coupe man...i LOVE cuttys and lemans/gtos probably the most of the a bodies.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by daverd Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:15 pm

is that your red chevelle in your avatar?
looks great.

daverd
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:28 pm

daverd wrote:is that your red chevelle in your avatar?
looks great.

thanks man...its actually my girlfriends, was just done washing it when my new camera came in the mail so i snapped a shot of it to try it out...its a pretty legit car though...malibu 307, all original except the carpet and front seat have been re done at some point, everything else is still original, even has the orginal air conditioner and had pretty low miles on it when she bought it too.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:35 pm

BEFORE AND AFTER VIDEOS UP FROM MY 350, CHECK IT OUT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK, THANKS.
If your interested I can give you the parts list, everything out the door was about 1,200 bucks, plus what I paid for the motor back in August 09 which was $400.00
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:27 pm

Sounds good! Go ahead & post a parts list. I like checking out what other people have done for engine combos! Have you done any passes or had it on a dyno yet?

BTW, an error occurred when I tried to watch the before video. Neutral
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:15 am

Sounds great! The before sounds exactly like my Monte Carlo.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:37 pm

74MonteCarlo wrote:Sounds great! The before sounds exactly like my Monte Carlo.

i remember you saying that...i think i watched the video too...you have flowmaster 50 series on your monte though dont you? knowing what i know now, i would have put those on my elco instead of the 40 series, but im still happy.

by the way man, what do you know about 74 rivieras?
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:55 pm

Nothing. Lol. Sorry dude.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:09 pm

long live the boat tails LOL

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:26 pm

74 was not a boat tail.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:51 pm

i wish 74 still had the boattail...this dude by me has a 74 that runs but i never see him drive it...been thinking about asking about it but i dont know. I DO think i am gonna get a boattail for my next project though.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:53 pm

just added a list of all the parts i put into the 700r4, if anyones interested
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4