G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

77 Salon

5 posters

Go down

77 Salon Empty 77 Salon

Post by jrsixx Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:27 am

Hey all, new here but not to Cutlasses. I've had mine since 83, originally had a 260, blew that rather quickly, swapped in a 350. Got the bodywork done, had her painted, new vinyl top, and a nice set of Cragar ss. Had her back about a month and a half and she got stolen. They took the wheels, and took a screwdriver to the entire body, including the vinyl top. Got her back a few months later, and started all over again. This time with new quarters,fenders, and door skins, rebuilt the 350 .030 over with heads from a 69, and a bunch of other goodies I just don't remember 25 years later. Well just as I was getting ready to get her painted, I lost the garage I was in. I asked my folks if I could store it in their garage for 6 months or so, that was in 86. Last October my dad passed away, and I had to get her out of the garage. I originally planned to just get rid of her, but after seeing her again, the memories came back.......man I loved that car. So I got it running (on 23 year old gas no less). It's still a work in progress and I'm missing some pieces.....back seat seems to be the hardest to find!, but she'll soon be on the road again. BTW I'm writing this from the hospital as I wait for my wife to give birth! I'll get some pics up when I figure that out (of the Salon not the baby).

Jim

jrsixx
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

77 Salon Empty Re: 77 Salon

Post by bigredlaguna Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:33 am

Congratulations! And welcome aboard!
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:35 am

hey Jim welcome over from the olds forum hope you get some get some answers you need here and share your knowledge as well thanks for Joinging up again here as well !!!!

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:58 am

Welcome Jim. Pamper that wife and new baby, they'll need it. I always loved Oldsmobiles, but wound up with Chevys because of parts availability. The funny thing is in 1977 Olds outsold Chevy! JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:26 am

Welcome to the forum Jim! I hope we can help get your car back up to par! Congrats on the new baby! They are bundles of joy & poop..... lots of poop, lol.

BTW, rear seats do seem hard to find. I'll be looking for one on my other Chevelle project.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:34 pm

Rago wrote:Welcome to the forum Jim! I hope we can help get your car back up to par! Congrats on the new baby! They are bundles of joy & poop..... lots of poop, lol.

BTW, rear seats do seem hard to find. I'll be looking for one on my other Chevelle project.

Rago got a white set here buddy from THE MALIGOON PROJECT LOL the first blue malibu I had upper / lower rear seat no tears just white and dirty from sitting in attic

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down