Steering Column

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Steering Column

Post by Roadcaptain S3 on Mon May 10, 2010 8:43 pm

Oh no!!!

He busted us.....RUN RAGO RUN!!!!!!
avatar
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Steering Column

Post by The Dude on Mon May 10, 2010 8:45 pm

We'll just have to let him forget about this conversation. Then I'll be down there with a U Haul & some sleeping gas, LMAO!
avatar
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Re: Steering Column

Post by 1973 454 MONTE on Mon May 10, 2010 8:46 pm

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:I haven't got a clue about vette columns, and not much of a clue about G3 columns......would you have to weld in some pieces to match the width?

it looks like it can be done. if not i'll build another G3 column and sell the corvette column on evil bay for 450.00.
avatar
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: Steering Column

Post by Roadcaptain S3 on Mon May 10, 2010 8:47 pm

Clapp Sleeping gas!! HAHAHAHAHA lol!
avatar
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Steering Column

Post by 1973 454 MONTE on Mon May 10, 2010 8:48 pm

Rago wrote:We'll just have to let him forget about this conversation. Then I'll be down there with a U Haul & some sleeping gas, LMAO!

bring me a hooker and comdoms and i'll be distracted for about 15 minutes Laughing Head Bang
avatar
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: Steering Column

Post by Roadcaptain S3 on Mon May 10, 2010 8:48 pm

1973 454 MONTE wrote:
Roadcaptain S3 wrote:I haven't got a clue about vette columns, and not much of a clue about G3 columns......would you have to weld in some pieces to match the width?

it looks like it can be done. if not i'll build another G3 column and sell the corvette column on evil bay for 450.00.


There ya go.....good old American ingenuity AND Capitalism....I love this country!
avatar
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Steering Column

Post by The Dude on Mon May 10, 2010 8:49 pm

It would be cool if you had a write up on this. You know, if it works. Telescopic steering wheels are pretty frigging cool. Very Happy
avatar
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Re: Steering Column

Post by Limey SE on Mon May 10, 2010 8:49 pm

CHRIS YOU HANG ONTO ONE GOOD BLACK TILT COLUMN AND A SET OF GREAT DOOR PANELS AND I WILL MAKE THAT DRIVE WHEN I GET THE DAM THING RUNNING (AGAIN) AND GET A JOB THAT WILL PAY ME GOOD ENOUGH TO MAKE THE TREK THERE

___________________________________________
avatar
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Re: Steering Column

Post by The Dude on Mon May 10, 2010 8:51 pm

1973 454 MONTE wrote:
Rago wrote:We'll just have to let him forget about this conversation. Then I'll be down there with a U Haul & some sleeping gas, LMAO!

bring me a hooker and comdoms and i'll be distracted for about 15 minutes Laughing Head Bang


PFFFhhh hahahahaaaa! No smileys can express how much that comment just made me laugh!
avatar
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Re: Steering Column

Post by Roadcaptain S3 on Mon May 10, 2010 8:51 pm

1973 454 MONTE wrote:
Rago wrote:We'll just have to let him forget about this conversation. Then I'll be down there with a U Haul & some sleeping gas, LMAO!

bring me a hooker and comdoms and i'll be distracted for about 15 minutes Laughing Head Bang


HAHAHAHAHAHA---inhale----HAHAHA

You guys are killing me. My stomach hurts.
avatar
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Steering Column

Post by 1973 454 MONTE on Mon May 10, 2010 8:52 pm

Rago wrote:It would be cool if you had a write up on this. You know, if it works. Telescopic steering wheels are pretty frigging cool. Very Happy

i just need time and patience. but i have wanted to do it for 10 years now. the hardest part was finding a corvette column,they go for 800-1200 smackers.I found one by accident for 40.00. Wink and ran with it. probably ran faster than you guys getting caught in my garage....... Suspect
avatar
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: Steering Column

Post by 77malibu77 on Mon May 10, 2010 8:53 pm

whats the difference between tele and regular steering column?
avatar
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Re: Steering Column

Post by Roadcaptain S3 on Mon May 10, 2010 8:53 pm

Limey wrote:CHRIS YOU HANG ONTO ONE GOOD BLACK TILT COLUMN AND A SET OF GREAT DOOR PANELS AND I WILL MAKE THAT DRIVE WHEN I GET THE DAM THING RUNNING (AGAIN) AND GET A JOB THAT WILL PAY ME GOOD ENOUGH TO MAKE THE TREK THERE

The black one will be loooooong gone before that YANKEE- bwhaaahaaaahah Twisted Evil

just kidding. Maybe.
Naw, kidding reallly....maybe.
avatar
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Steering Column

Post by 1973 454 MONTE on Mon May 10, 2010 8:54 pm

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:
1973 454 MONTE wrote:
Rago wrote:We'll just have to let him forget about this conversation. Then I'll be down there with a U Haul & some sleeping gas, LMAO!

bring me a hooker and comdoms and i'll be distracted for about 15 minutes Laughing Head Bang


HAHAHAHAHAHA---inhale----HAHAHA

You guys are killing me. My stomach hurts.

BTW RC-S3 why is there no age on your profile? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
scratch would be nice to know that i'm not the only old fart making you shite your pants.
avatar
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: Steering Column

Post by The Dude on Mon May 10, 2010 8:55 pm

You lucky dog! $40, what did you do? Ask to look at it, smack the guy in the head with it & throw a couple of 20's at him? Yeah that's why you were running so fast!
avatar
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Re: Steering Column

Post by 1973 454 MONTE on Mon May 10, 2010 8:56 pm

77malibu77 wrote:whats the difference between tele and regular steering column?

there is a lever neer the s-whell that you move from left to righ it loosens the shaft so you can pull the wheel closer to you.

its f'n awsome.
avatar
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: Steering Column

Post by Roadcaptain S3 on Mon May 10, 2010 8:57 pm

1973 454 MONTE wrote:
Roadcaptain S3 wrote:
1973 454 MONTE wrote:
Rago wrote:We'll just have to let him forget about this conversation. Then I'll be down there with a U Haul & some sleeping gas, LMAO!

bring me a hooker and comdoms and i'll be distracted for about 15 minutes Laughing Head Bang


HAHAHAHAHAHA---inhale----HAHAHA

You guys are killing me. My stomach hurts.

BTW RC-S3 why is there no age on your profile? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
scratch would be nice to know that i'm not the only old fart making you shite your pants.



You got me by a year, POPS. If you chase me from the garage, be careful not to break your hip Cool
avatar
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Steering Column

Post by 1973 454 MONTE on Mon May 10, 2010 8:58 pm

Rago wrote:You lucky dog! $40, what did you do? Ask to look at it, smack the guy in the head with it & throw a couple of 20's at him? Yeah that's why you were running so fast!

its the same guy i bought the aluminum wheels from for 150. he showed me the vette that they came off of. i asked what he wanted for the column and thought he was going to try and rob me. Shocked when he said 40 and he would take it out i could not get 20 bucks out of my pocket fast enough. it took him 2 hours to get it out.
avatar
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: Steering Column

Post by 77malibu77 on Mon May 10, 2010 8:59 pm

oh is that the only thing different? honestly im pretty happy with my tilt even tho i keep it at the stock position like the non tilt ahha
avatar
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Re: Steering Column

Post by 1973 454 MONTE on Mon May 10, 2010 9:00 pm

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:
1973 454 MONTE wrote:
Roadcaptain S3 wrote:
1973 454 MONTE wrote:
Rago wrote:We'll just have to let him forget about this conversation. Then I'll be down there with a U Haul & some sleeping gas, LMAO!

bring me a hooker and comdoms and i'll be distracted for about 15 minutes Laughing Head Bang


HAHAHAHAHAHA---inhale----HAHAHA

You guys are killing me. My stomach hurts.

BTW RC-S3 why is there no age on your profile? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
scratch would be nice to know that i'm not the only old fart making you shite your pants.



You got me by a year, POPS. If you chase me from the garage, be careful not to break your hip Cool

OMG ---- I have to go change my depends.............. i just p1$$ed my self.
avatar
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: Steering Column

Post by The Dude on Mon May 10, 2010 9:01 pm

You mean he only asked $40 & you sat there watching him struggle for 2 hours? What a guy!

Oh yeah, you guys are all old farts to me ----grandpa! LMAO
avatar
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Re: Steering Column

Post by 77malibu77 on Mon May 10, 2010 9:02 pm

1973 454 MONTE wrote:
Rago wrote:You lucky dog! $40, what did you do? Ask to look at it, smack the guy in the head with it & throw a couple of 20's at him? Yeah that's why you were running so fast!

its the same guy i bought the aluminum wheels from for 150. he showed me the vette that they came off of. i asked what he wanted for the column and thought he was going to try and rob me. Shocked when he said 40 and he would take it out i could not get 20 bucks out of my pocket fast enough. it took him 2 hours to get it out.


haahha isnt there only like 4 bolts under tha dash and the ones on the rubber gasket on the firewall? then you got to loosen it from the gearbox obviously i could take one out and put a new one in in a half hour hahaha
avatar
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Re: Steering Column

Post by 1973 454 MONTE on Mon May 10, 2010 9:04 pm

Rago wrote:You mean he only asked $40 & you sat there watching him struggle for 2 hours? What a guy!
i gave him 20 on a wednesday and picked it up on saturday. i knew it was going to be rough but could not tell him that
Oh yeah, you guys are all old farts to me ----grandpa! LMAO
i was 29 when i had my first kid and he is only 15,and there is NO grand kids here.

thank you very much
avatar
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: Steering Column

Post by 1973 454 MONTE on Mon May 10, 2010 9:06 pm

77malibu77 wrote:
1973 454 MONTE wrote:
Rago wrote:You lucky dog! $40, what did you do? Ask to look at it, smack the guy in the head with it & throw a couple of 20's at him? Yeah that's why you were running so fast!

its the same guy i bought the aluminum wheels from for 150. he showed me the vette that they came off of. i asked what he wanted for the column and thought he was going to try and rob me. Shocked when he said 40 and he would take it out i could not get 20 bucks out of my pocket fast enough. it took him 2 hours to get it out.


haahha isnt there only like 4 bolts under tha dash and the ones on the rubber gasket on the firewall? then you got to loosen it from the gearbox obviously i could take one out and put a new one in in a half hour hahaha

not on a corvette the column is above everything (brake pedals,harness,just stupid stuff)and to get to the bolts that hold it to the firewall is behind the master cylinder.
avatar
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: Steering Column

Post by Roadcaptain S3 on Mon May 10, 2010 9:07 pm

1973 454 MONTE wrote:
Rago wrote:You mean he only asked $40 & you sat there watching him struggle for 2 hours? What a guy!
i gave him 20 on a wednesday and picked it up on saturday. i knew it was going to be rough but could not tell him that
Oh yeah, you guys are all old farts to me ----grandpa! LMAO
i was 29 when i had my first kid and he is only 15,and there is NO grand kids here.

thank you very much

Yet. PopCorn

That'll be cool as heck if you can pull that column trick. You've got more patience than me.
avatar
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Steering Column

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum