G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a few of mine...

+3
knightfan26917
dragons_lair59
HDHugger
7 posters

Go down

a few of mine... Empty a few of mine...

Post by maliburacinfreak Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:54 am

current rides......

81 cutlass the day i bought it...
a few of mine... P4220107
after wheels and tint....
a few of mine... Morepics001
80 malibu wagon the day i bought it
a few of mine... P4030102
after putting a motor/trans/ralleys in it...
a few of mine... DSC_5634
with draglites.....
a few of mine... P2040002
with torqlites (before i put them on the cutlass).....
a few of mine... Newwheels2

past g-bodies.....

79 monte solid $300 running project (just sold to my nephew)....
a few of mine... Carshit001
FREE 82 wagon i beat on for awhile....
a few of mine... P1010058
82 t-top monte LOVED that car Sad......
a few of mine... Scan_713165920_1
80 malibu project that never got finished.....
a few of mine... Scan_713171556_1
81 malibu that i paid $200 for. stock V6 would boil the tires on command....
a few of mine... Scan_71317730_1

ive had many many more g-bodys but these are the only pics i could find

maliburacinfreak
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

a few of mine... Empty Re: a few of mine...

Post by HDHugger Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:08 pm

Hahaha That '82 wagon reminded me of a car I used to have. I think it was a 76 or 77 Olds station wagon, creamed colored, rear drivers side door didn't open, light on dash that said "Tailgate Ajar" was always on, had to disconnect the battery every time it was shut off, and also put a can under the tank wherever it was parked so we could dump the leaking gas back into the tank. My sister had 3 kids and the closest convienience store was over a mile away, and she had no car, so we GAVE this one to her. After 2 weeks, she gave it back. Apparently she thought it was better to have no car at all....

HDHugger
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maliburacinfreak Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:20 pm

LOL! a buddy of mine had that thing sitting in his field for a couple years and told me i could have it if i took the 80 4door parts car with it. thats where the cream colored pass door came from. i put gas and a battery in it and drove it for several months with the rattling, smoking 3.8 V6. our local dragstrip held "hangover nationals" on jan 1st that year just for fun. track was very cold and slick, street cars and tow rigs only, and a pit bike race. i went several rounds because i was the only one not spinning!! that 12.70 was 1/8 mile! Laughing later, i threw a tired '90 305 in it with some 3.73s out back and got it down to low 10s. Laughing

maliburacinfreak
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:43 pm

any of them g wagons still around?
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 pm

maliburacinfreak wrote:ive had many many more g-bodys but these are the only pics i could find

That's fine ... good crop of cars and pics!

Smile

Cort | 36.m.IL | 5 Monte Carlos.1 Caprice Classic | pig valve.pacemaker * 07/24/2010=ChitownMeet #3 *
MCs.CC | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Happiness ain't never how you think it should be so" ... Duncan Sheik ... 'She Runs Away'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:40 pm

all these and not one 78-87 el camino`?'
lol i used to own a 81 el camino but then i became a G3 nut
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maliburacinfreak Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:31 pm

dragons_lair59 wrote:any of them g wagons still around?
i sold the 82 to a guy in the cinncinnati area, hes slowly fixing her up. i still have the 80.

77malibu77 wrote:all these and not one 78-87 el camino`?'
oddly enough, no. ive had a ton of g-body cars and ive always loved elkys. ive had a 71, 72, 76 elky and a 77 gmc sprint. for whatever reason, ive never owned a 78-87. ive came across a few lately but with 3 kids now, el caminos are a thing of the past for me. Sad

maliburacinfreak
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:46 pm

77malibu77 wrote:all these and not one 78-87 el camino`?'
oddly enough, no. ive had a ton of g-body cars and ive always loved elkys. ive had a 71, 72, 76 elky and a 77 gmc sprint. for whatever reason, ive never owned a 78-87. ive came across a few lately but with 3 kids now, el caminos are a thing of the past for me. Sad[/quote]

haha its ok i definately understand thats the whole reason im restoring my 77 malibu because its a car (has a back seat) but i still drive my 76 elky its my "work truck"
and by the way that all-black 82 monte there ^^ whats the reason you sold that one for??? scratch
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maliburacinfreak Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:18 pm

77malibu77 wrote:
and by the way that all-black 82 monte there ^^ whats the reason you sold that one for??? scratch

everyone else tore it up for me. Sad my younger brother was using it to go to work 3rd shift and hed drop it off at my apartment after work, before i left for work in the morning. one morning, it wasnt out there so i drove my 83 caprice to work. he came by my work later that day and told me it was on the side of the highway making a loud knocking noise. after work, i went out there and it knocked like someone was hitting the fender with a hammer and motor shaking like hell. so i drug it home and it was sitting the the parking lot at my apartment while i hunted for a used motor. until one night when my womans uncle came over drunk as hell. he left and back his truck all the way down the drivers side of it. Sad Sad after that, i gave up on it. used a few parts from it on my 80 2door malibu and gave the rest away. Sad

maliburacinfreak
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:23 pm

maliburacinfreak wrote:
77malibu77 wrote:

everyone else tore it up for me. Sad my younger brother was using it to go to work 3rd shift and hed drop it off at my apartment after work, before i left for work in the morning. one morning, it wasnt out there so i drove my 83 caprice to work. he came by my work later that day and told me it was on the side of the highway making a loud knocking noise. after work, i went out there and it knocked like someone was hitting the fender with a hammer and motor shaking like hell. so i drug it home and it was sitting the the parking lot at my apartment while i hunted for a used motor. until one night when my womans uncle came over drunk as hell. he left and back his truck all the way down the drivers side of it. Sad Sad after that, i gave up on it. used a few parts from it on my 80 2door malibu and gave the rest away. Sad

ughhhh i feel for you sorry to hear that what ever happend with her uncle? did he never show up again lol!
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:33 pm

Wow it's crazy how a set of wheels & some tint transformed the Cutlass from Granny's grocery getter to a nice looking ride! One day I'd like to own a 78+ A/G Body just for S&G.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by maliburacinfreak Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:46 pm

77malibu77 wrote:
maliburacinfreak wrote:
77malibu77 wrote:

ughhhh i feel for you sorry to hear that what ever happend with her uncle? did he never show up again lol!
he kept promising to pay for it. then he suddenly moved to detroit one day

maliburacinfreak
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maliburacinfreak Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:49 pm

Rago wrote:Wow it's crazy how a set of wheels & some tint transformed the Cutlass from Granny's grocery getter to a nice looking ride! One day I'd like to own a 78+ A/G Body just for S&G.
it really is an actual granny car. had 71k on it when i got it, got the original title from 81 in the envelope from GMAC postmarked in 85 when she paid it off. not a bad $700 score!

maliburacinfreak
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:37 pm

Not bad at all I'd say!
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:56 am

I have a 78 Elky for sale, if anyone is interested, PM me. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down