G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new pics coming soon

+2
74Malibu383
The Dude
6 posters

Go down

new pics coming soon  Empty new pics coming soon

Post by 74442guy Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:01 pm

thats right new pics coming soon once i get the traction bars on and replace the header gaskets i think might be the ticking that i thought was the rockers lol we will see what happens with new gaskets
74442guy
74442guy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

new pics coming soon  Empty Re: new pics coming soon

Post by 77malibu77 Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:38 pm

74442guy wrote:thats right new pics coming soon once i get the traction bars on and replace the header gaskets i think might be the ticking that i thought was the rockers lol we will see what happens with new gaskets

i have that same problem about the header gaskets. it sounds like a valve is tapping on the passengers side
im just going to get a thicker header gasket hopefully that solves my problem. Surprised
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:48 pm

Double check for warped flanges...... could also be the source of your leak if the bolts are tightened.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:28 pm

If the flanges are a little warped, you can always install those thick "dead soft" aluminum header gaskets. They would probably give you a better seal.
http://www.summitracing.com/search/Department/Gaskets-Seals/Part-Type/Exhaust-Header-Manifold-Gaskets/Gasket-Material/Aluminum/Product-Line/Percys-Seal-4-Good-Header-Gaskets/?autoview=SKU

OR.... alot of my buddies use the Permatex "Ultra Copper" gasket maker. That would solve your problem too.
http://www.permatex.com/products/automotive/automotive_gasketing/gasket_makers/auto_permatex_ultra_copper_maximum_temperature_rtv_silicone_gasket_maker.htm
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by maliburacinfreak Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:09 pm

one trick that has worked for me, cut the flanges apart. that way, you're bolting each port down seperately. you'll go thru ALOT less header gaskets that way

maliburacinfreak
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74442guy Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:42 pm

wow i might give that a shot thanks for the tricks
74442guy
74442guy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:48 pm

maliburacinfreak wrote:one trick that has worked for me, cut the flanges apart. that way, you're bolting each port down seperately. you'll go thru ALOT less header gaskets that way

any pics??
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:49 pm

74Malibu383 wrote:If the flanges are a little warped, you can always install those thick "dead soft" aluminum header gaskets. They would probably give you a better seal.
http://www.summitracing.com/search/Department/Gaskets-Seals/Part-Type/Exhaust-Header-Manifold-Gaskets/Gasket-Material/Aluminum/Product-Line/Percys-Seal-4-Good-Header-Gaskets/?autoview=SKU

OR.... alot of my buddies use the Permatex "Ultra Copper" gasket maker. That would solve your problem too.
http://www.permatex.com/products/automotive/automotive_gasketing/gasket_makers/auto_permatex_ultra_copper_maximum_temperature_rtv_silicone_gasket_maker.htm

thanks again brian gave u street cred What a Face
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maliburacinfreak Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:59 pm

77malibu77 wrote:
maliburacinfreak wrote:one trick that has worked for me, cut the flanges apart. that way, you're bolting each port down seperately. you'll go thru ALOT less header gaskets that way

any pics??
ummmm it looks like a header flange that has been cut with a sawzall. Laughing ill try to get a pic tommorow

maliburacinfreak
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:13 am

maliburacinfreak wrote:
77malibu77 wrote:

any pics??
ummmm it looks like a header flange that has been cut with a sawzall. Laughing ill try to get a pic tommorow

lol i know but it just sounds too easy and what if it doesnt solve my problem i want to know if its going to mess my headers up.
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:34 am

77malibu77 wrote:
maliburacinfreak wrote:
77malibu77 wrote:

any pics??

lol i know but it just sounds too easy and what if it doesnt solve my problem i want to know if its going to mess my headers up.

Sometimes the simplest solution is the answer. Makes one feel like an idiot for not realizing it sooner.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:32 pm

bigredlaguna wrote:
77malibu77 wrote:
maliburacinfreak wrote:
77malibu77 wrote:

any pics??

Sometimes the simplest solution is the answer. Makes one feel like an idiot for not realizing it sooner.

yeah but i dont want to cut it and the pipes get all out of whack. and if that doesnt fix my problem im gonna have to get the new header gasket and it will look wierd with the flanges cut.
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maliburacinfreak Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:55 pm

the pipes wont get "all out of whack". theres nowhere for them to go. and how will the gasket look wierd with the flanges cut?

maliburacinfreak
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maliburacinfreak Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:08 pm

bad pic taken with a cheap phone at night while holding a flashlight. lol

new pics coming soon  Header

maliburacinfreak
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:29 pm

You don't have to cut a section out. You just need to separate the outer pipes from the inner two. Two cuts per side, that's all.

If the flanges are warped, then you can tell because the metal will be uneven where the cuts were made.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:21 am

thanks maliburacingfreak i gave you street cred.
and yeah it makes sense big red ill just buy new header gaskets tomorrow and make the cuts. ill let you know how it turns out. Thumbs up
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74442guy Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:22 pm

well got new header gaskets on and no more ticking but was playing with the car lol pedal to the metal and something broke and now the exhaust is loud as heck shoot why lord why ha ha ha now prob need new headers mine where pretty old any way
74442guy
74442guy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:45 pm

74442guy wrote:well got new header gaskets on and no more ticking but was playing with the car lol pedal to the metal and something broke and now the exhaust is loud as heck shoot why lord why ha ha ha now prob need new headers mine where pretty old any way

cool at least it solved your ticking problem now im sure mine will be solved also, i was afraid it was a valve tapping or something.
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down