STILL going!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

STILL going!

Post by Normpixel on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:21 am

Am new to this forum and am still driving a '74 Chevelle Laguna Type S-3 (bought new in late '73). It has the 400 cu. in. V-8 with auto transmission, 4 BBL carb, and dual exhaust. "Travelling" under an Arkansas antique plate (rear only plate required; no yearly renewal or "sticker" fees!), the S-3 'guna now has nearly 277,000 miles on her which isn't bad for an original owner Chevelle (actually two owners, me and "the Mrs."!). NOT for sale AND not restored (yet?)! NOW for the "exciting" part: trying to "put" image(s) "up"!!
Well, I uploaded an image BUT it didn't appear in the post preview! (Where did it go? May need help on this one!)

Last edited by Limey on Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:15 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Still trying to insert actual image in the post with the text (can that be done without "writing" HTML code?).)
Normpixel
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: STILL going!

Post by bigredlaguna on Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:11 am

bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna on Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:15 am

Nice!!!

I just copied and pasted your link to the "image" tab that is above the box you type in.

If you scroll the cursor across the icons, the word "image" will appear for the tab you need to use.
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Normpixel on Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:38 am

Thanks, bigredlaguna! I STILL can't seem to do it WITHOUT creating a URL "link" in "host an image" (my images are FILE images, not images that are online)... BUT maybe this is the way we have to do it for now!?!
Normpixel
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Normpixel on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:00 am

Had "red" sealer put on top (where vinyl, which finally "shredded", used to be) to protect it "for now"... still trying to decide what the "eventual fate" of this Laguna S-3 will be (don't laugh, it's PAID FOR!). [I guess that was supposed to go in "humor"!!]
Normpixel
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by 74chick on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:22 am

Very nice. Wellcome to G3. I also have a '74 Chevelle with what was a vinyl top. Not many 400 car here in the ca. happy bowtie
74chick
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:50 am

awesome car man...just put a 73 laguna nose on my 74 elco...like the cool paint with the stripes down around the nose on yours...is that a factory thing?
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude on Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:50 am

Welcome to the forum! I can see that you aren't that far from me. Or shouldn't be if you're in the Ozarks. Nice to see someone that is an original owner & don't worry about the top. I've heard of a few people that have replaced the old vinyl top with rhino liner so paint isn't bad.
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:17 am

Hey Norm I am glad you got it figured out and very nice ride my friend and welcome aboard

Management

Street Cred : 89

Back to top Go down

STILL going!

Post by Normpixel on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:01 pm

74chick wrote:Very nice. Wellcome to G3. I also have a '74 Chevelle with what was a vinyl top. Not many 400 car here in the ca. happy bowtie

Thanks! Yeah, this is the 2nd 400... so the car is original but "some of the parts" aren't!
Normpixel
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:06 pm

Welcome Normpixel. Great car! JB
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Normpixel on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:24 pm

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! I'll try to post some more pix (and comments, details, replies) but must run now and jump in the Laguna, and meet up with "the Mrs." for lunch and early voting!!
Normpixel
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS on Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:43 pm

welcome to g3gm. I have a 73 chevelle with the build sheet. It was special ordered with the 2 Tone. I thought it was a vinyl top car cause it has all the trim but thats how they did the 2 tone. This pic is the original paint

BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:31 pm

Great story.! Neat car. Just goes to show you how with some care things can last forever (cars mainly) . You are driving a car "greener" than any prius because you only bought one .A factory didnt have to make another for you.LOL!! So really nice hybrid Hehe !
Very Happy
ant7377
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Normpixel on Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:19 pm

Thanks to BlackChevelleSS (and others), I am putting this "triple image" up in the "Who's Who" section...

Normpixel
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler on Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:37 pm

Who is your co-pilot? JB
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by HDHugger on Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:30 pm

I love the profile pic. Reminds me of horses pulling through an avalanche, but the Laguna comes out instead.

HDHugger
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Normpixel on Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:08 pm

JB2wheeler wrote:Who is your co-pilot? JB

The "wannabe Laguna S-3 driver" is Foggybottom. (see "Who's Who in G3GM", page 5)

Normpixel
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Normpixel on Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:46 pm

HDHugger wrote:I love the profile pic. Reminds me of horses pulling through an avalanche, but the Laguna comes out instead.

Yeah, ice storms "happen" in the Ozarks!

Normpixel
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Normpixel on Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:26 pm

ant7377 wrote:Great story.! Neat car. Just goes to show you how with some care things can last forever (cars mainly) . You are driving a car "greener" than any prius because you only bought one .A factory didnt have to make another for you.LOL!! So really nice hybrid Hehe !
Very Happy

As paved highways improved in the Arkansas Ozarks "over the years", our '74 Laguna S-3 became "MORE fun to drive"! Here, on top of Mt. Nebo (Arkansas) which is one of our "favorite destinations" is "Mrs. Normpixel" (in an HDR digital image) along with an earlier (low resolution image scanned from film) of "Chariot", our Laguna S-3 while on top of Mount Nebo.

[Google Map Mt. Nebo, Arkansas to see THIS "piece of road"!!]

Yeah, photography is one of our "hobbies"...

[from the very early website... http://www.cswnet.com/~nhartley/chariot2.html ]
Normpixel
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE on Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:35 pm

I know exactly where that is I have a cousin that lives in Chickala and his parents live in mountain home.

we also fish ( well used to til my Dad passed away a lil bit ago ) in White River and Bull Shoals lake

Management

Street Cred : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by Normpixel on Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:58 pm

Limey wrote:I know exactly where that is I have a cousin that lives in Chickala and his parents live in mountain home.

we also fish ( well used to til my Dad passed away a lil bit ago ) in White River and Bull Shoals lake

The Ozarks, "little bit different country" than northern Illinois (as for Byron, Illinois... I was born in Aurora, Illinois).

Here are two more "experimental" pix featuring the "familiar" face of the '74 Laguna S-3...

Even "out of focus", recognizable!

Room for a couple MORE Laguna S-3s in the back yard??

Last edited by Normpixel on Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected spelling error.)
Normpixel
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by pila on Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:58 pm

Welcome! Very nice car. My '74 Malibu had a vinyl top, which I replaced once, but removed it permanently when I restored the car. Mine has a 400, but originally had a 350. I really like the S3 front end...... Very Happy

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Normpixel on Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:25 am

pila wrote:Welcome! Very nice car. My '74 Malibu had a vinyl top, which I replaced once, but removed it permanently when I restored the car. Mine has a 400, but originally had a 350. I really like the S3 front end...... Very Happy

In 1970 I had a new Chevelle Malibu, my tenant's son had a '70 Chevelle SS with the 454, and my "girlfriend at the time" had a '70 Nova. All three new 1970 cars were the same bright Chevy red with black vinyl tops and interiors; what a line-up THAT was!

Here's another look at the '74 S-3 front end...

Normpixel
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson on Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:52 am

Normpixel wrote:
pila wrote:Welcome! Very nice car. My '74 Malibu had a vinyl top, which I replaced once, but removed it permanently when I restored the car. Mine has a 400, but originally had a 350. I really like the S3 front end...... Very Happy

In 1970 I had a new Chevelle Malibu, my tenant's son had a '70 Chevelle SS with the 454, and my "girlfriend at the time" had a '70 Nova. All three new 1970 cars were the same bright Chevy red with black vinyl tops and interiors; what a line-up THAT was!

Here's another look at the '74 S-3 front end...

then you will like my/girlfriends chevelle!

Photobucket
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: