STILL going!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: STILL going!

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson on Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:53 am

its an all original 307 car but gonna be an LS6 code 454 clone car..got the code correct 454 and 12 bolt already..will keep the 700r4 cause its a daily driver.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Normpixel on Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:22 am

TWBouska AKA Wooderson wrote:its an all original 307 car but gonna be an LS6 code 454 clone car..got the code correct 454 and 12 bolt already..will keep the 700r4 cause its a daily driver.

I do indeed like that red and black '70 Malibu! (I failed to mention that my '70 Malibu had the 307) I wasn't into "Chevy performance" 'til 1975 when I picked up a Chevy "show truck" used (it had won 2nd place in its category in the Chicago show) in the way of a K/5 Blazer which had a 350 with headers, 4 BBL, and twin mid-ship 4 inch diameter "turn down" pipes (illegal in Arkansas, BTW... but I knew "where" to have it "safety inspected" at the time). It was a '69/'70 K/5 with a '73 engine, hardly a vehicle for this forum.

And also my '70 Malibu had the (above) wheel covers which weren't that common at that time where I was at (in Illinois).

Last edited by Normpixel on Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:48 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : word and image omission)
Normpixel
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler on Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:49 am

Aurora, Illinois, never made it in that direction, but I used to roam all over the Chicago area when I lived in Maywood in 1968/70. I worked in Villa Park, which is as close to Aurora as I got. JB
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by laguna454/4spd on Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:29 pm

hey norm nice car i have one just like it kinda lol i got my old laguna back this year and i am going to start in on this month now mine has seen a few owners which has had its toll on her but i think i can save her heres a pics dont laugh now shes under construction this old girl needs lots of lovens but it is a factory 454/4spd car that is a blast to drive ugly or not welcome aboard hope to talk with you soon tom mason -ky
laguna454/4spd
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by laguna454/4spd on Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:30 pm

i meant to say my car is the ugly one here your looks great to me Very Happy
laguna454/4spd
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:01 am

I was down by your area just last week picking up a Malibu about 15 minutes East of Rogers.

The roads down by Eureka Springs are probably the best roads that I've ever driven my 76 on. Lots of curves, hills, & great scenery! Smile
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Normpixel on Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:26 pm

Rago wrote:I was down by your area just last week picking up a Malibu about 15 minutes East of Rogers.

The roads down by Eureka Springs are probably the best roads that I've ever driven my 76 on. Lots of curves, hills, & great scenery! Smile

You found the Ozarks! Dare say you DID NOT see any '74 Laguna S-3s on that "Malibu run"!!

"You can't run... AND you can't HIDE!" The "GoogleCamCar" found me (and I am guessing NONE of their Streetview vehicles are G3GM)!!

Normpixel
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Normpixel on Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:49 pm

JB2wheeler wrote:Aurora, Illinois, never made it in that direction, but I used to roam all over the Chicago area when I lived in Maywood in 1968/70. I worked in Villa Park, which is as close to Aurora as I got. JB

About a decade LATER I worked in Glen Ellyn, then Lombard, then Villa Park (photo equipment/& related industry).

In those days, I had a '69 Buick Electra with "slant-plug" 430 cu. in., then had a '73 Olds Cutlass Supreme with the 350 (first G3GM?).

Normpixel
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Normpixel on Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:22 pm

laguna454/4spd wrote:hey norm nice car i have one just like it kinda lol i got my old laguna back this year and i am going to start in on this month now mine has seen a few owners which has had its toll on her but i think i can save her heres a pics dont laugh now shes under construction this old girl needs lots of lovens but it is a factory 454/4spd car that is a blast to drive ugly or not welcome aboard hope to talk with you soon tom mason -ky

Hope you get your Laguna looking better "soon" (they are so "rare" that they "turn heads" in about ANY condition if they're still "runnin' down the road"!)... Here's a picture of ours "as of this month"; in some ways this is her "good" side (the one WITHOUT the wrinkled fender!).

Normpixel
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:55 am

LoL, yep I know the Ozarks pretty well. I have family down in West Plains & Ozark, MO. Used to take trips there every year, but it's been a couple since I've been that way. I truly believe that Arkansas is one of the better states around as far as natural beauty.
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson on Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Normpixel wrote:
laguna454/4spd wrote:hey norm nice car i have one just like it kinda lol i got my old laguna back this year and i am going to start in on this month now mine has seen a few owners which has had its toll on her but i think i can save her heres a pics dont laugh now shes under construction this old girl needs lots of lovens but it is a factory 454/4spd car that is a blast to drive ugly or not welcome aboard hope to talk with you soon tom mason -ky

Hope you get your Laguna looking better "soon" (they are so "rare" that they "turn heads" in about ANY condition if they're still "runnin' down the road"!)... Here's a picture of ours "as of this month"; in some ways this is her "good" side (the one WITHOUT the wrinkled fender!).

the front end is definitely classic looking...and different..im a big fan of them for sure...heres mine.

Photobucket
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo on Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:16 am

Welcome, Norm. Very nice Laguna you have.

Great pictures.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 on Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:04 am

Hey, Norm...welcome to the site! Always cool to see and hear about a 1-owner classic! I joined the ranks of the Laguna S3 owners club a couple months ago when I bought a '76 in the same color combo as yours. Unfortunately, it has substantial rust issues and I was only intending on buying it for the tach dash, swivel buckets, console, etc. Now, I just can't bring myself to part it out. As you say, they are so rare and even a drive to the gas station brings people over to ask "what the heck is this?!!" I've gone so far as to cut out the entire floor from a donor car (rust free Texas car) with the intention of trying to bring it back to some degree of dignity... starting Spring.

Anyway, just thought you'd like to hear that I saw one just like yours about a month ago driving the streets of Mpls. Also, the owner of one of my favorite yards up here told me about a week ago that a customer who owes him some money has a '74 up in northern Minnesota that he wants to give him in lieu of payment...same color combo, too. If that comes to fruition, he will most likely sell it. I'll stay on top of this in case anyone is interested.
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Normpixel on Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:15 pm

TWBouska AKA Wooderson wrote:

the front end is definitely classic looking...and different..im a big fan of them for sure...heres mine.

Photobucket

Thanks TWBouska AKA Wooderson, I have mentioned "elsewhere" that I saw (in a picture) an El Camino in Oklahoma that had a '74 Laguna S-3 front on it (the El was for sale). There has been a question for a while whether GM ever "issued" an El Camino that way OR if dealers did the "conversions" (El Caminos were allegedly bought BRAND NEW that way). The URL below has some comments, what do YOU think?

http://www.73-77chevelles.com/sites/chads/75el_laguna.html

BTW, I like the way yours looks (a LOT)!
Normpixel
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Normpixel on Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:30 pm

74MonteCarlo wrote:Welcome, Norm. Very nice Laguna you have.

Great pictures.

Thanks, 74MonteCarlo! I've had people that guessed our '74 Laguna S-3 WAS a Monte Carlo! Originally, there were actually 5 '74 Laguna S-3s (ALL were Antique White with the "dark red" top and stripes) in "this area"... one by one the other 4 "disappeared") and now ours is the only one left.

BTW, I'm probably better at taking pictures of a Laguna than I would ever be at restoring one!
Normpixel
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Normpixel on Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:47 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:Hey, Norm...welcome to the site! Always cool to see and hear about a 1-owner classic! I joined the ranks of the Laguna S3 owners club a couple months ago when I bought a '76 in the same color combo as yours. Unfortunately, it has substantial rust issues and I was only intending on buying it for the tach dash, swivel buckets, console, etc. Now, I just can't bring myself to part it out. As you say, they are so rare and even a drive to the gas station brings people over to ask "what the heck is this?!!" I've gone so far as to cut out the entire floor from a donor car (rust free Texas car) with the intention of trying to bring it back to some degree of dignity... starting Spring.

Anyway, just thought you'd like to hear that I saw one just like yours about a month ago driving the streets of Mpls. Also, the owner of one of my favorite yards up here told me about a week ago that a customer who owes him some money has a '74 up in northern Minnesota that he wants to give him in lieu of payment...same color combo, too. If that comes to fruition, he will most likely sell it. I'll stay on top of this in case anyone is interested.

Thanks, Mcarlo77! Glad to hear Laguna S-3s are "alive" in Minnesota!! Rust does attack Laguna S-3s(!); we are facing floor rust (and some other rust areas) as well. We haven't decided what we will ultimately do with our Laguna S-3, but if it ever "leaves our family" we want it to "have a happy home" (NOT just be "sold for parts or salvage"!).
Normpixel
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum