G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Bill's 74 (Bill R.) in CT

+10
JB2wheeler
badbiscayne66
BlackChevelleSS
74MonteCarlo
ant7377
Roadcaptain S3
The Dude
Limey SE
laguna454/4spd
kojak
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hello from Bill's 74 (Bill R.) in CT - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello from Bill's 74 (Bill R.) in CT

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:51 am

Welcome, Bill
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Hello from Bill's 74 (Bill R.) in CT - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello from Bill's 74 (Bill R.) in CT

Post by Bill's 74 Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:13 am

Thank you.

Last edited by Bill's 74 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bill's 74
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill's 74 Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:33 pm

Last edited by Bill's 74 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bill's 74
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:55 pm

Hey Bill the Pinto's are sweet ! Neat to see such nice ones after not seeing any for years.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill's 74 Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:51 pm

Thank you.

The yellow one found me in late 2000. I was the second owner's daily until the summer of that year, and I bought it with 32K on it. Her son, whom owned a gas/service station in New Britain CT sold it for her when he found her a newer car. It was tan with chamis interior, 2.3 C3 a/t m/s m/b 6.75" axle. The car has about 45K now, 2.3 Turbo EFI, W/C T-5, 8" 3.55 & locker, and a bunch of other goodies.

The orange one appears 100% factory stock with the hood down, but also has a 2.3 Turbo EFI to replace the stock 2.3, a C4 to replace the factory C3, and an 8" 3.00 to replace the SHOT 6.75" axle. It was hauled to a bone yard by the last owner becuase it was going to cost too much to fix (rust, rear axle, rear springs, steering rack, both outters, one inner, brakes, exhaust, carb., tires, shocks, rear main seal, radiator, hoses,...). One of the workers bought it as soon as it hit the yard, but did more damage than good (backed his truck into it a few times, lost the keys, broke a q-glass, pop-ed the column, and a few other things. We got it late in 04, fixed it up, and installed LOTS of NOS stuff including cloth and vinyl for the seats.

Other than the work on the seats, powder coating the valve cover and intake on the orange car, and one weld to the alum. turbo intake flange for a BPV tube on mine, I did everything myself.

Bill

Bill's 74
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill's 74 Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:04 pm

Rago wrote:

Hello from Bill's 74 (Bill R.) in CT - Page 2 Bis6

It appears I am not the only person to post a F O R D part in this thread! Razz

Bill

Bill's 74
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:18 am

Welcome, Bill.

Nice Pintos.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:01 am

welcome to g3gm, thanks for sharing your cool rides

Hello from Bill's 74 (Bill R.) in CT - Page 2 SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:00 pm

JB2wheeler wrote:I wish I had more details and/or better detail pics of that frame. I need an extra brace/driveshaft loop on my frame, but have never even checked to see how it could be done. That has been/is on the back burner. JB

I GOT A LOTTA PICS JB........WHAT YA NEED?? GoFast
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:52 am

I don't know if it can be done, have not did any checking, but I would like to have some kind of brace going from left frame rail to right frame rail about a foot in front of the kickup for the rear end. My purpose is to stiffen up the frame to keep it from twisting so bad when I take off with slicks on the car. The body, because of the long wheelbase I guess, creaks and groans and pops when the front wheels pretend they want to come off the ground. I was even thinking another trans crossmember MIGHT work. I have not did any research on this yet, not even measuring with a tape rule. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill's 74 Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:16 pm

Got me a right side door!

Gettin' there!

Bill

Bill's 74
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill's 74 Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:14 am

Found a right side NOS skin.

Bill

Bill's 74
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:22 am

I gotta start responding to introductions more!
A late welcome to the site. Looks like your car is a good starting point for a good car.
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill's 74 Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:15 am

Thank you. Yea, I knew it would be some work, but it was solid overall and a good choice for the resto.

I had been looking for a right side door. The one on the Laguna I bought from Frankie was no good (just as he said it was in advance), and that gave me 3 useable drivers doors.

With a drive to FL coming up I looked in the south and found a few, and one in FL (got home last night). Its not perfect, but its the best one I could find for the price AND not too far out of my way. On the way back I stopped to meet up with a guy I met during the summer that told me he had the skin. With this door I don't know if I will use the skin, but I have it.

I know this is not the section for intros, but I have so much here I thought I would just keep it going.

Bill

Bill's 74
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by yogreasygramma Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:27 pm

Welcome, Bill!! I have to congratulate you on your fabulous work on the turboed Pintos.... Awesome!!! Have you thought of doing something similar with Mavericks?
yogreasygramma
yogreasygramma
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill's 74 Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:38 am

Thanks Y. I like Mavericks too, but I prefer cars that are a little more obscure.

I have had NO time to work on the Chevelle for over two months, but will have a few hours later today. What to do.....

Bill

Bill's 74
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill's 74 Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:39 am

Fixed the body mount under the battery tray.

Got the rust fixed around the quarter glass, and removed the rear glass as well. It was about half disconnected anyway, and the rust around it was not that bad. I also pulled most of the vinyl top off, just leaving the edges at the top of the door window trim and windshild trim. Some small surface rust spots all over, but not anywhere near as bad as I thought it could be.

Found a company that has the pre-made top in the correct style for the car, but its white and would need to be dyed. Also, I found the correct material in the correct color, and someone that can make the top from it. Have not decided what to do.

Bill

Bill's 74
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74chick Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:50 am

Hey I know that car. Laughing lol

Good luck with your '74.

More pics for you here.
My street rods
74chick
74chick
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2