G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good source for bumper fillers and other plastic parts

+3
orange Juiced
1973 454 MONTE
Biomedtech
7 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Go down

Good source for bumper fillers and other plastic parts Empty Good source for bumper fillers and other plastic parts

Post by Biomedtech Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:39 pm

Found a company that makes those hard to find bumper fillers and other plastic parts for all sorts of 3rd Gens...

http://www.replica-plastics.com/Manlist.aspx

cheers
Biomedtech
Biomedtech
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Good source for bumper fillers and other plastic parts Empty Re: Good source for bumper fillers and other plastic parts

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:40 pm

they are made from fiberglass and do NOT bend to well.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Good source for bumper fillers and other plastic parts Empty Re: Good source for bumper fillers and other plastic parts

Post by orange Juiced Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:38 am

I was given the center rear filler, and it's fiberglass. I haven't installed it yet but u can tell some trimming is needed.

Good source for bumper fillers and other plastic parts 097
orange Juiced
orange Juiced
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:30 am

I have those on the rear of my '74 Malibu Classic. They fit quite well, but being 'glass, they are not gonna be perfect sometimes. At least being 'glass, they can be re-worked a bit if necessary, and it's better than old crappy rubber parts.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by itis34 Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:57 am

pila wrote:I have those on the rear of my '74 Malibu Classic. They fit quite well, but being 'glass, they are not gonna be perfect sometimes. At least being 'glass, they can be re-worked a bit if necessary, and it's better than old crappy rubber parts.

Just curious, where did you get the rear bumper filler for your '74? My brother is in need of this for his Laguna. I checked the website in the first post but did not see any listings for that particular part.

itis34
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:04 am

I found it. Look on this page, it's right below the left & right hand fillers. 10th product down.

http://www.replica-plastics.com/EditParts.aspx?Make=Chevrolet
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Laguna 74 Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:54 pm

I order a pair of these for my Laguna, just received them 2 wks ago. I'm hoping within the next 2-3 wks I will have them installed.
Laguna 74
Laguna 74
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by itis34 Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:57 am

Laguna 74 wrote:I order a pair of these for my Laguna, just received them 2 wks ago. I'm hoping within the next 2-3 wks I will have them installed.

Keep me updated with the install, I'd be interested in seeing some pictures of them installed. I kind of like the idea of fiberglass. Easy to work with and modify if needed.

itis34
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down