G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My 9c1 Caprice

+6
74MonteCarlo
JB2wheeler
FormulaZR
74Malibu383
Roadcaptain S3
dragons_lair59
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My 9c1 Caprice - Page 2 Empty Re: My 9c1 Caprice

Post by knightfan26917 Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:44 pm

Lookin' good, Rago! Would love to see it in person if you still have it when I'm in your area at the end of June during my road trip.

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * meet_04.16.11_Dwight.IL *
MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"All the water in the ocean couldn't put out the fire this time" __ Atlanta __ 'Atlanta Burned Again Last Night'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:57 am

Trust me. The pictures do the car plenty of justice on the body. The interior is surprisingly nice though. A dash pad & headliner replacement would do the car well, but I'm more concerned with all of this rust. Can't believe how well she runs though. The suspension is tight, it shifts out like new, & even the engine has plenty of power left in it.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim_Rockford Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:06 am

Not sure if you still have this, but that car is in really good shape. the hood and roof is just typical surface rust,didn't look really rusty at all. with that interior it was more than likely an admin or a detectives car, patrol cars didn't get the civi seats.
Jim_Rockford
Jim_Rockford
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:33 am

Jim, I sold the car. Hated doing it, but I couldn't afford the gas at the time. I drove 30 minutes to work every day & it was keeping me broke. The rust was worse than the pics show. There was no sheetmetal left along the bottom of the quarters or behind the back doors. The rust was more than just surface rust on the hood & roof, as I tried sanding it out. PITA... The frame also had a small rust hole just forward of the axle on the driver side. The engine ran like a raped ape for what it was though. Always fired up & could lay rubber like no other, lol! Also, I'm sure it was a trooper car. The badge on the doors were huge & the guy I got it from knew the original driver. Was bought new for the trooper & drove by him until he retired in 1999. He then purchased it & it sat under a tree collecting sap & rusting away after he drove it for a couple of years. I suppose I gave the old car a second chance at life.

I sold it to a guy for $900 & he was more than happy. Last I knew, he was building a sleeper.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:03 pm

Now I need to get my 86 CC out this year.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2